Chapter 3 - A New Life

The sun's rays peer through the window as I awaken. Struggling to sit myself up in bed, I fight the urge to return to sleep. But with a forceful heave, I throw myself up.

Now sitting up in the large bed, I observe my current situation as my grogginess dissipates. To my left, I find an empty space in the bed that is too big for me alone. The blankets are a mess as whoever slept in that spot never fixed them.

To my right, I hear the sound of shuffling. When I look towards the source of the sound, there is a certain silver haired girl sitting at a mirror. She runs a brush through her long strands of hair.

"Oh you're up," the girl says. I expand my arms outwards, stretching the muscles. I then proceed to rub my eyes after the satisfying stretch. After a breath, I greet my partner. "Morning love."

"Look at you, greeting me that way the moment you wake up," the girl teases, "You should greet me that way more often."

I slip out of the bed and walk towards one of the two dressers to the left of the mirror. The dresser to the left is mine, and the one to the right is Lynn's. Having it next to the mirror is a little more convenient for Lynn.

I open my dresser and find one of my clean uniforms. The clean and pristine white uniform had been washed the night before.

"Are you going to put on your parasite suit under your uniform again?" Lynn asks as she examines different parts of her face.

"No, not today," I reply, "I don't plan on heading out today. Besides, it was uncomfortable." "Oh yeah, we need to assign jobs to the new parasites we brought in yesterday," Says Lynn. "Exactly why I planned to do nothing today," I state.

After Lynn is satisfied with her hair, she stands up from her seat and turns to me. "Are you gonna put your shirt on already?" She asks, pointing a finger to my bare chest.

"What? You like seeing me like this," I tease. Lynn's cheeks start to turn red. "Besides? Not like you aren't doing the same," I state, pointing a finger at her.

Lynn looks down at herself and finds that her uniform hasn't completely been buttoned up. Her midsection is revealed and so is the light blue bra that she wears. At that moment, Lynn's face turns crimson and she spins to face the other way.

"You don't have to be embarrassed," I say, sliding my arms into the sleeves of my gaudy uniform.

I don't close my uniform just yet. I step closer to Lynn and slowly wrap my arms around her. "What's this?" I say with a warm sultry tone, " You still haven't closed your uniform."

I run my fingers over her smooth abdomen. Lynn draws a sharp breath in response to my warm touch. "Stop," she says quietly.

She turns slightly to the right and cranes her neck to face me. With that, I briefly seal a quick kiss before releasing her.

"Enough messing around," I say," let's go." Lynn gives me a slight glare. "You're the one who was messing around," She chides. Her uniform now buttoned up.

"Sorry," I laugh, "Caught in the moment." Lynn walks past me and towards the door. "Not that I didn't like it," She purrs.

Together, we leave the attic of the boarding house. For some reason, I can't help but remember when we used to share one of the parasite rooms. That cramped space just for the two of us.

Now that we use the attic, we have a lot more room for us and any stuff we want to add. At least if we had anything to add. Aside from the queen size bed, the dressers, and mirror, there is nothing else.

We make our way out of the boarding house and towards where the elevator should be. "Isn't it nice up here?" Lynn asks. "It is nice," I reply.

As we stroll down the dirt path, we can't help but talk about every little thing. Lynn happily points out every flower that her eye catches, watches the birds as they fly overhead, and tightly squeezes my hand as she drags me along.