Chapter 13 - Our History

I sit inside a dark and empty room. I look forward from the very back of the room, being at the highest step of the stairs between the benches.

Ko was right, the Command Center of the plantation was still intact. At the very front, the screens are disabled, unable to be used. There is a certain amount of overgrowth seeping through the walls.

I lean back against the back wall. I'm not so enthusiastic about getting out of here. I had to climb and maneuver through troublesome places to reach here.

I had only been on a stroll when I happened to find this place. As per Ko's suggestion, we would not be able to use this facility efficiently.

I stand up and walk down the steps, and exit the room. I walk down the hallway for a few minutes until I find a clump of debris blocking the way. Within the little opening in the middle, I slide my head in and pull myself through it.

As I said, I had to maneuver through some troublesome places. And that was only one of those places.

When I get back down to the ground, my feet sink into the dirt surface. I look up at the high ceiling of the Sanctuary's cavernous interior.

Hanging lights have been placed, making it seem like there are stars in the sky. The chandeliers are a beautiful addition to the Sanctuary's ambience, and it's thanks to Yume for suggesting it.

After walking for some time, I eventually reach the center, where a couple of parasites are hanging out by the pond.

A couple of parasites wave to me and I wave back. My head seemingly moves on a swivel, my head swinging around to look at every detail of interest.

I see parasites enjoying themselves, I see others working hard, I see familiar faces, then I see a ring.

Ah yes, this ring on my left ring finger. In ancient times, marriage was a rite of passage of sorts. But the main idea is that it was the ceremony where a man and woman become united as one.

Lynn and I have already been bound together forever. We have had rings to symbolize that, however they were lost some time ago. It was only recently that we found them again.

In regards to marriage, despite us technically already being married, Lynn is quite adamant about having an actual ceremony.

In our current state, we don't have the resources to hold a wedding ceremony.

"Hey Kira, are you okay?" Asks a voice.

I turn around and face who speaks to me. I find Ko, just like every other time.

"You've been walking around like this for a while," Ko says, "It's kind of strange."

"Well, I'm a little bored," I reply, "That's all."

"You've been like this since you returned from the Gran Crevasse two days ago," Ko says.

XXXXX Two Days Ago XXXXX

The Klaxosaur Princess sits on the nose of her snake escort with her legs crossed. Lynn and I stand before her.

"So, what now?" I ask, "You said you have a plan to take back the Gran Crevasse?"

"It won't be soon," The Princess says, "They have taken my child. But I can not attack now."

"Shouldn't we be taking back Star Entity before they tinker with it?" I ask.

"Those foolish humans proved to be more problematic than before," The Princess States, "It will not do well to attack now while unprepared."

"So you still have some work to do," I say.

"We may have lost this fight, but all is not lost yet," The Princess hops off the snake's nose.