Chapter 4 - Her Highness

Notes: In the header I have an image of my M9 Unicornius concept drawing I made from a while back. It is a rough sketch and wasn't meant to be its final design. Also I did draw the handle on the wrong side of the sword, something I never fixed since I was too lazy to do so.

Anyway, this is the general concept of the M9 Unicornius. This truly was difficult to illustrate while making each component of the Franxx make sense in where it is placed in maiden to stampede.

The horse's head is actually part of the franxx's helmet as that is where the horn comes from. The side skirts on the franxx's waist become the neck of the horse, the face and helmet of the Franxx just lodge into the back.

You can also see what will be the hooves around the wrist and ankle of the Franxx. Also, the shoulders resemble delphinium's shoulders, but That would be the general shape. It's not meant to completely resemble delphinium's arms.

Anyway, that's enough talking about the M9 Unicornius, it's time to meet Her.

Just a little warning: There is a short scene towards the end of the chapter that may be unsettling to some readers.

"We meet again, my warrior,"

It certainly has been a while, your Highness," I greet, "If you had to come all the way over here, you must have something important to say."

The snake opens its mouth, and within sits a short girl. However, she is no ordinary girl. For one, she has blue colored skin, glowing blue eyes, what appears to be a crown, and a horn that protrudes from the front of her head and also from the back.

She has long, straight, sky blue white hair that nearly touches the floor. She has a single tail that would actually split in eight or so appendages. She even has a strong presence, even the Unicornius struggles to move before her.

As expected of the Klaxosaur Princess.

"The time is drawing near," She says, "I will be summoning you soon." Although she doesn't move her mouth, she speaks to us telepathically.

"You didn't just come here to say that you'll be summoning us," I say, "You could've told me that even if you were on the other side of the world."

"Is it wrong for me to personally see the current state of my warrior?" She replies sternly, "I can not have you dying so soon. As I can see, there are no side effects on your body. You have fully transformed without fault."

"As for her," The Princess continues, "She seems to be healthy as well."

"So you really came here just to check if I'm doing fine and to see how Lynn was after her month long coma," I state.

The princess gives no response. "That's actually all!" I say in disappointment, "Really, we haven't seen you in months and this is all you came here to do?"

"I do not waste time for reunions, nor do I care for them. All I will do is to protect my people and prepare for 'their' return," The Princess states.

The giant snake moves closer, bringing the Princess towards us. She waves once and our franxx shuts down, kicking us out of our connection. The faceplate flips out, and the cockpit's door opens.

The Princess steps in and eyes the both of us. A simple cold glare, she neither hates or cares about us. She simply will use us for her plan.

But it's not like I don't agree with her plan. I just wish she'd be a little nicer.

"So aside from their return, all the plantations are planning on heading towards that place to steal your weapons," I state, "We'll have to be there, don't we?"