Chapter 21 - Finale/Until Eternity

At long last, the final chapter. The conclusion to this timeline of the Darling In The Franxx Story. It's been a long run, and I almost forgot to finish the last two chapters. Anyway, here it is. This chapter will have the most scene changes due to the timeskips and the other stuff from episode 24 of the anime.

Purple beams of light streak through the vast open space. Surrounded by many hues of blues and purples, glittered with stars, the far reaches of outer space are beautiful.

Yet we are distracted from that beauty.

The giant mechanized entity, Strelitzia Apus, holds her hand out, a hexagonal barrier forming in front of her.

The purple beams are dispersed by the barrier. Strelitzia Apus then retaliates, firing a brilliant beam of blue and red from the single horn on her head.

The VIRM forces were completely annihilated.

I watch from a distance as Hiro and Zero Two continue on their long journey to the VIRM homeworld.

"We're not going to help them yet?" Lynn asks. I adjust myself in my seat, as I have been reclining and slouching back on the stamen's chair. "Let's not be a third wheel on their honeymoon." I reply, "Besides, we're making sure they make it to the homeworld. We don't have to help them at every turn."

Many days have already passed, and we continue to watch over those two until they reach their destination.

Of course, knowing how far we're going, we will not be coming home. Lynn and I have come this far knowing we won't return.

Still, I can't help but think about everyone. How are they doing? Will Ko be alright leading the Sanctuary?

No point in worrying now. We can only move forward.

Forward to our future.

XXXX 72 Days Since Gate Passage XXXX

XXXXX Mistilteinn XXXXX

Zorome pries open a wooden board off the side of what remained of the boarding house. "Ah found it, this is the place."

Squad 13 had returned to Mistilteinn to search its ruins. For the most part, they came to collect the vitalized soil. Many of the Parasites are already working on collecting as much soil as they could.

"Don't go and explore any unsafe areas." Nana says.

Squad 13 reassures Nana they'll be safe and goes off to explore the ruins of their old home.

"Everything was dying back then, now everything is alive." Futoshi says. "Like a miracle happened here." Ikuno states.

Zorome goes over to one of the walls. Zorome enters the fray is written on it.

"We have so many memories here, don't we?" He muses.

"Maybe Mistilteiin kept everything here for us." Miku says. "Perhaps so we can make a fresh start." Goro says.

Everyone glances up at a remaining portion of the boarding house. At the top is where a Jian was painted.

XXXXX

Everyone returned to the Birds Nest and restarted their farming efforts. Zorome was especially excited and wasted no time in getting to work.

All the Parasites are working hard and coordinating with each other. At the same time, the remaining adults are discussing the next course of action and the current state of the Birds Nest.

An office was set up for Ikuno. Boxes of papers were stacked all over the place, which Ichigo helped bring in. Ikuno decided there is something she wants to do. Something to look into and research.