Chapter 11 - The Battle of Gran Crevasse Part 1

"There is one objective. Take over the Gran Crevasse," Says a tall man.

The man has a buzz cut and a stern face. Behind the man is a screen projecting the giant dome that is the Gran Crevasse.

"There is heavy Klaxosaur resistance and the Fourth United Company is not making any progress. Because of this, you and four other plantations will be deployed as the Sixth United Company to support them.

"What is inside the Gran Crevasse," Asks a blonde hair girl.

The commander and a red-haired woman glance at each other before showing the squad footage of what is happening outside.

The live feeds show hordes of Klaxosaur slugs streaming out of the walls that surround the giant dome.

Then the feed changes again, showing destroyed plantations, dying squads, and franxx corpses.

The battlefield is a wasteland. A desolate place.

"Taking over the Gran Crevasse is Papa's long-standing wish," The Commander says, "This battle is bound to be a turning point in the history of humanity."

"Hey look!" A tall parasite wearing glasses says.

On the screen, a franxx in stampede marches forward. Flanked behind it are four franxx with the stampede in the center. The Nines.

The lion then roars and charges forward into a horde of Klaxosaurs, destroying all of them.

"Zero Two," A boy with black hair whispers.

A voice comes into the loudspeaker, "The Sixth United Company is to prepare for sortie.

"That's you guys," The red-haired woman says.

All the parasites leave the briefing room, with the black-haired boy trailing behind.

Once everyone is dressed in their parasite suits, the black-haired boy stops them. "Guys, be careful out there."

"Don't worry, Hiro," The tall boy says.

"Yeah!" A cocky blonde boy says, "We're gonna go kick ass."

"When we come back, I'll teach you how to pilot from the ground up," A short, blue haired girl says.

"Right," The black-haired boy says.

Everyone gives the boy a smile or a thumbs up before heading out to the docking bay.

XXXXX

The Sixth United Company is lined up on the battlefield, with Squad 13 in the front. Aside from their four franxx, Delphinium, Argentea, Chlorophytum, and Genista, the other twenty are standard models.

"All Franxx are here," Delphinium announces, "Awaiting orders."

"You're objective is point F2," The voice of the redhead caretaker says.

"Alright! Everyone move out," Delphinium orders.

Squad 13 and the other franxx head towards their objective. They encounter their first groups of Klaxosaurs, but are merely Conrad classes that resemble slugs.

The Klaxosaurs are easily subdued by squad 13 and they continue forward. As the group grows near to their destination, they encounter four franxx in the distance.

The franxx have sleek designs, and thrusters that extend from their waists. Armed with a different kind of spear than the ones the standard units use, these units are unmistakable.

The Nines.

Strikes from a single swing demolish groups of the Klaxosaur slugs. "It's like having a bunch of Strelitzias," Says Argentea.