Chapter 5 - Reminiscent Past

Alright, this is the longest chapter so far and get ready for some actual action.

I let out a yawn and rub my eye with my free arm. It's early in the morning, a little past 5, and a lot of us are getting to work on the next wind turbine.

Using what we learned from the first wind turbine that now works, we started planning the development of the next one.

A lot of the parasites in the engineering division, that Ko spends most of his time with, have been working hours every day to construct another wind turbine generator.

While they are almost finished, the parasites in construction started to build the frame for the structure.

At the moment, we are quite understaffed. A lot of the parasites are busy putting things together that there are hardly any to bring around the materials.

And for some, well all of them, the materials are quite heavy.

"You do realize how heavy these are. I'm surprised you aren't dead," Ko says.

Right next to me, Ko drives a makeshift truck, carrying the steel beams in a flatbed trailer behind it. The weight is really restricting the speed of the vehicle.

I, on the other hand, am carrying two of them on one of my shoulders. "It's not that heavy," I say.

Suddenly, the weight on my shoulder lifts.

The two steel beams that I had been carrying on top of each other were thrown to the side, making a dip in the earth where they landed.

Now I glance at the person in question. "Now why did you do that? I was doing just fine," I say to the girl.

With an angry expression, Lynn threatens to pick up one of the steel beams and whack me on the head with it. However, she struggles to pick them up, just as she struggled to throw that weight off of me.

"You shouldn't be doing that!" Lynn states, "We aren't supposed to tell the others that we're like Klaxosaurs."

"Are you really trying to hit me with one of those? You can barely pick one up. Even I struggled to put those on my shoulders," I say, ignoring Lynn's chiding.

Lynn continues to glare at me. "Besides, I would've thrown the beams back onto Ko's truck," I say, shrugging.

I continue to joke and Lynn is not having any of it. She lunges at me and throws a punch at me. I put my arms up and block the strike, the amount of force received pushes me back.

"What the hell is happening," A female voice says from behind Ko. Ko turns around and finds his partner. Yume appears to have just woken up as she looks tired.

"Oh my, Kira and Lynn are fighting again," Says Maya, who happens to be beside Yume.

"Yeah, it's been a while since we last saw this," Ko sighs.

"Who started it?" Yume asks. "Lynn," Ko replies, "she's angry that Kira was carrying steel beams on his shoulders.

"Ehhh?" Yume sighs, "Over that? Doesn't she know that everyone suspects something? Either way, no one really cares if he is a Klaxosaur or not."

"Everyone has faith in those two," Maya says, "Those two are our model leaders.

The group glances back at the fight with dead eyes. Lynn misses an attack on me and punches the ground, leaving a crater. She then starts to barrage me with a flurry of punches.

"Those are our model leaders?" Ko asks. Maya simply giggles, realizing what we are doing contradicts her statement.

"Well since Lynn started it," Yume says. Another glance at us, they see that Lynn has gotten tired and starts to attack slower.