Chapter 15 - Kira And Squad 13

"They seem to be doing well," I say.

I stand on the shoulder of the Unicornius with a pair of binoculars. I look at the birdcage that remains from Cerasus. It's in a bad condition, and I'm pretty sure all the life support systems have gone to shit after that event with Star Entity.

I wasn't there to witness since I had already left. Apparently, Star Entity stretched its arm out of the Gran Crevasse and took the clump of cores from the corpse of the Super-Lehmann.

However, this was not part of the Princess's counter attack for losing her home. It seems it was an instant reaction on Star Entity's part.

Well, back to what we're doing. I decided in my free time to head over to the other side of the world and take a look at what Squad 13 is doing. And it seems like they're doing just fine to survive.

"Want to get closer?" I ask.

"You'll be the only one going in. I'm staying here," Lynn says.

"Alright, let's just go over there," I say, "I'm super curious."

The Unicornius now has a stealth mode of sorts. After seeing the black Unicornius, I decided that it would be nice for us to have something like that.

With the help of our amazing engineering team, our franxx is now equipped with technology to hide its presence on the radar. We also managed to silence the footsteps somehow. The explanation I got was beyond me, so I'd rather not explain how it works.

One thing I'm worried about is how we can't mask the Klaxosaur presence that the franxx has.

With that, the franxx approaches the remains of Plantation 13. The franxx then enters through one of the openings in the glass dome and lands on the soft earth. With that, it kneels low to hide itself in the trees.

The cockpit opens and I step out. "I'll be back in a bit," I say.

"Don't get caught," Lynn says.

I climb down the franxx's outstretched arm and step onto the ground.

The state of the birdcage is pretty much the same as the one at the Sanctuary, except everything seems to be dying.

Then again, our birdcage once looked like this.

I wander through the thick forest and find one of the ponds.

"Hmm, this water is insanely dirty. It's unusable for anything," I say.

I then continue around the area. I find open patches, dry rivers, even some broken trees in some areas.

As I get closer to the boarding house, everything appears to be more alive. The area surrounding the main facilities of the birdcage is still vitalized. Those areas would be the elevator and the commander's office, and the boarding house.

I find myself at the back of the boarding house, so I go to the right. In respect to looking at the building from the front, I'd be going to the left side where the living room is.

I kneel beside one of the windows. Through the glass, I see most of the members of Squad 13.

Using my enhanced senses, I'm able to hear their voices through the wall, even if it's just a little bit more clearer.

"Hey Mitsuru, what happened to your hair?" A boy, known as Zorome, says.

My very helpful informant has provided me the names and pictures of the parasites of Squad 13. So I am quite familiar with who is who.

"Zorome," Miku elbows the boy.

"Well," Mitsuru stammers one response to the interrogation.

"I cut his hair," Says the platinum blonde.