Chapter 17 - The Fall

The Klaxosaurs begin their assault on the defensive line of the Parasites. Squad 13 in the front lines clearly show their superiority in comparison to the many squads of standard models.

As Squad 13 continues to neutralize every Klaxosaur in their way, other parasites manage to stand their ground while others are not so fortunate and are overrun.

I watch from above, the Unicornius hovering in the sky. We do not go unnoticed as the Nines see us. However, they pay no mind to us and prioritize the defense of the Gran Crevasse while Strelitzia is going through the implantation process. Even then, I can sense a cold glare from Alpha every now and then.

"The Princess is on her way," I say.

"When she comes, we are to meet her in the Gran Crevasse, right?" Lynn asks.

"Yeah, we are to meet her at one of the entrances. She will take us through a secret passage only she knows of," I reply.

"So what do we do now?" Lynn asks.

"We're not going to get involved yet," I say, "So we're just going to watch."

"I feel like that is all we've been doing," Lynn complains.

XXXXX

A small Gutenberg Klaxosaur comes out of the ground in front of Squad 13. It resembles a crab.

"Genista, if we can get its attention, can you put some rounds into it?" Delphinium asks.

"I'll try," Genista replies.

"Alright, Argentea let's do this," Delphinium orders.

Delphinium and Argentea get the creature's attention. The two provoke the creature from both sides.

Genista fires her cannon once and the shot misses. "Don't worry Genista," Delphinium says, "Just focus."

Delphinium and Argentea continue to drag the creature around. The crab seemingly lifts its body upwards in anger. With this opening, Genista runs towards the creature.

Genista jabs the bayonet of her cannon into the underbelly of the crab and plants the barrel against it. She fires until she is out of ammo, causing the crab to explode from within.

The Klaxosaur corpse then collapses on Genista causing the members of her squad to panic. "Kokoro!" Delphinium shouts.

Delphinium and Argentea run over and pick up the corpse to get Genista out. "Genista, are you okay?" Delphinium asks.

There is then a large explosion in the distance, and a flying object approaches the squad. The object flies by the Squad, Delphinium and Argentea barely dodging it.

The flying object appears to be a Klaxosaur, and when it makes impact with the ground some distance away, it bounces off and flies off into the distance.

"What the hell was that!" Zorome shouts.

"I have no idea, and I don't want to know," Futoshi replies.

"It's heading for the Gran Crevasse!" Goro says.

"We'll worry about it later," Delphinium says, "Lets get Genista out of here."

The Squad is once again distracted by another sound. The sounds of jets and a loud boom. "Look!" Zorome shouts, Argentea pointing to the sky.

Over their heads, a silver franxx streaks by in the blink of an eye. The loud sound of the jets echoes by as the engines continue to roar.

"It's that franxx," Argentea says.

"They can fly!" Zorome shouts.

"He's here again," Goro says.