Chapter 12 - The Battle of Gran Crevasse Part 2

The battle continues from the ground and into the air. Despite the M9s being able to fly for short periods of time, the M9 Unicornius is far superior when it comes to aerial combat.

Two of the Nines fly in and thrust their spears forward. The Unicornius strafes to the side and grabs one of the M9's arms. With a spin, the silver franxx throws the M9 into its comrade, the collision knocking both of them out of the sky.

In an instant, M9 Prime appears behind us. The Unicornius does a 180 and faces Alpha. The M9 sends out a barrage of spear strikes, all parried by the two swords of the Unicornius.

The franxx thrust forward their weapons at each other. Both machines tilt their heads slightly, avoiding the near misses. As if the two Franxx were in sync, both franxx grab the weapons that are right beside their heads.

The Unicornius grips Alpha's spear, and M9 Prime grips our sword. Having made a stalemate of sorts, the two franxx let go and withdraw.

The Unicornius unsheathes its other sword, which was previously sheathed to free a hand and grab Alpha's spear.

With haste, the Unicornius blasts the thrusters and soars towards M9 Prime. The silver franxx does a front flip and performs a downward swing with both swords.

M9 Prime parries by performing a strong sideways swing against our strike. The counter pushes back the Unicornius as well as pushes the M9 straight towards the ground.

With a burst of power from its jets, the M9 slows its fall and lands safely.

"You sure are putting up a good fight," Alpha says.

"I should be saying that to you," I say, "After that last time I crushed you."

"Don't think it's the same this time," Alpha says.

The Unicornius suddenly appears behind M9 Prime.

"Oh, it's definitely not the same as last time," I say.

The M9 Prime immediately jumps away, avoiding our immediate attack. Our swords crash to the ground and a large crater is produced.

The Unicornius jumps out of the crater it had created and goes straight for Alpha again.

An M9 flies in the way, trying to intercept us.

"You're in the way," I say.

The Unicornius spins and sends a kick into the M9's side, knocking it away. With another burst from the thrusters, the silver franxx continues towards Alpha.

M9 Prime throws its spear towards us. The Unicornius then throws one of its swords. The two weapons collide and fall to the ground.

Within that instant of collision, M9 Prime soars straight towards me. Before I could react, the franxx had already collided with ours.

M9 Prime sends a jab into our franxx's face, then proceeds to remove our last sword from our hand.

Having been disarmed, the silver franxx sends a knee into M9 Alpha's midsection. This is followed by a straight punch with the left hand, and right cross, then a roundhouse kick to the temple.

Alpha is not easily put into disarray by that as he recovers quickly.

M9 Prime then shoots a straight then a left hook. The two hits collide with our franxx's armor. Lynn grunts as she takes the hits.

M9 Prime then throws its knee up. The Unicornius puts its palms down and pushes against the M9's knee. After blocking the knee, the Unicornius does another roundhouse towards M9 Prime's head.

Alpha quickly grabs our leg, stopping our kick. However, the Unicornius activates the thrusters in its free leg and shoots its knee into the face of M9 Prime.