Chapter 6 - Dark Mirror

"How come your franxx never needs to be refueled," Asks a parasite, "Don't tell me it has an infinite amount of magma energy."

"Good question Damian," I say, "You're the only one who actually cared about that detail." I adjust my grip on the stack of boxes I carry. Helping me carry these boxes is none other than Code 499, now named Damian.

"It's exactly what you think it is," I say, "We have an infinite amount of magma fuel."

"Is it possible to get a source like that for all the other Franxx?" Damian asks. "Unfortunately, that was a gift to us specifically, from the princess herself."

"Oh," Damian says, "That's why."

"She gave us that source so that we don't need to worry about fuel. We are her warriors and she wants us to be able to fight without any setback or hindrance."

"Only you?" Damian asks. "Only us," I reply, "Lynn and I are the strongest pilots here. And honestly, only we can handle the task that the Princess wants to give us."

"It's that dangerous?"

"It is that dangerous," I say, "Let's just say we'll be fighting against the entirety of APE on the side of the Klaxosaurs."

"That'll be a hard fight, won't it?" Damian says. "It's definitely not going to be easy. Who knows, I might end up fighting the Nines again."

"You've fought against the Nines?" Damian asks.

"I sparred with them, and fought nearly to the death with them," I say, "And I won."

"He's the only person that can outpilot Alpha," Another voice adds on.

There is the sound of a loud motor as Ko pulls up with his janky truck. "You're still driving that thing?" I ask.

"How else am I going to bring all these supplies?" Ko replies.

I glance into the boxes in the flatbed trailer. Many giant screws, wires, metal pieces, machinery, and other technology.

"We finally finished the turbine structure and now we have to put together the electrical parts and make the generator work," Ko says, "This is the hard part now."

"I bet it is," I say, "You guys are doing an amazing job."

As we draw closer to the base of the new wind turbine, the ground starts to shake. I look up and see the towering wind turbine start to tip over.

"It's falling!" I shout. "No, did we mess up the structure?" Ko says.

As the turbine tilts back, threatening to crush the Plantation's ceiling, large tendrils spring out from the ground and catch the towering structure.

What emerges from the ground is a Klaxosaur. It's orb-shaped, and resembles that Super-Lehmann I fought three years ago. Well, it's like a smaller version of it.

The creature gives off some light shrieks, seemingly chirping in some way.

"Were we just saved by a Klaxosaur?" Damian asked. "So the Klaxosaurs are really watching over the Sanctuary," I say.

"Alright everyone!" Now yelling throughout the entire Sanctuary. All the parasites in the area now look towards me. "This is an emergency! I need two Franxx active now! We need to fix the structure of the wind turbine."

There is a chorus of shouts and agreements and parasites scramble to get equipment while some head to the docking bay to activate some franxx.

Ok gets out of his truck and starts guiding parasites based on what we need. The cranes around the construction site start to turn on and franxx start to hold up the wind turbine.