Chapter 9 - Back Home

"What do you mean Lynn is in a coma?" I ask.

"Exactly what I meant," Maya replies, "She's asleep and she won't wake up. Not after two weeks."

"I've been out for two week!" I say.

"Calm down!" Maya shouts, as she forces me to stay in the medical bed, "Don't force yourself to move. I don't know what you did when you last went out but you kinda overdid it."

The door opens and a boy steps through. "Lynn is probably feeling most of the effects from being the pistil," The boy says, "You waking up before her might be a sign of that."

"Ko," I say, "What happened."

"How am I supposed to know everything?" Ko replies, "I got a distress call asking for people from the Sanctuary to come pick you guys up."

"So when I come to the location of the distress call, there you are, in a damaged and disabled Unicornius," Ko continues, "Then add on to that the black Unicornius I saw."

"What happened to the black Unicornius?" I ask.

"It left," Ko replies, "After it saw us come to retrieve you, it left."

"So they left," I say, "They'll probably be fine considering how long they lived out there."

"I still don't understand anything," Ko says, "What even happened when you went out?"

"Let's just say I probably saved another life," I say, "Anyway, you found us."

"Yeah, you two weren't in the best shape. And Lynn, she is not waking up," Ko says.

"Where is she?" I ask.

"She's in another room," Maya says, "You can go see her when your wounds heal."

"Wounds? Was I bleeding?" I ask.

"Yes, a little," Maya says.

"And what color was my blood?" I ask earnestly.

"R-Red," Maya replies hesitantly.

"What was that stutter?" I ask, "Don't be afraid to say what color my blood was. I know you already understand what I am."

"So what if your blood is blue?" Ko asks, "Not like we care."

"So why is Maya panicking?" I ask, "It's because she still has a slight hatred for Klaxosaurs."

"I don't blame her," Ko says, "The Klaxosaur did take her home away."

"But this home is better!" Maya says sincerely, "I've come to love this place. And I don't care if you're a Klaxosaur or not."

"It's just I'm a little uncomfortable accepting and seeing that your blood is blue," Maya mumbles.

"It's okay," I say. I take a deep breath. "Well that joke settled my nerves."

"That was a joke?" Maya says.

"Yeah, I knew how you'd behave in this situation. I was just messing with you," I laugh.

Maya puffs her cheeks and blushes. "Geez! Don't mess with me like that!" She cries, lightly hitting me with her hands.

"Take care of Lynn," I say, "I trust you and I always will."

Maya stops hitting me and calms down. "Of course," She says with a smile.

She then leaves the room.

"Now then," I say, "I think you have a very important question for me."

Ko looks me dead in the eyes. "Well, that's a little complicated," He says.

"I just didn't know you were twins," Ko says, "Well, you and Lynn, I mean."