Chapter 18 - True Union

The jets roar loudly, the sound reverberating throughout the hallway. The Unicornius speeds down the hallway.

"Let's get to the central elevator. I remember seeing a little room under an alcove of sorts in that area," I say, "The doctor might be there."

"He should at least be nearby to monitor the activation of his greatest creation," Lynn says.

"We might have to give him an earful, but I think he already knows the gravity of the situation," I state.

"What's going on?" Zero Two asks.

"Honestly, that's what I'd like to know," I reply, "I have a strange feeling inside me, and it's not a good one."

"If your Klaxosaur senses are giving you bad vibes, then that might mean something happened to the Princess," Lynn says.

"And I want to find out what happened to her," I say, "And also, maybe get Zero Two treated for the wounds I gave her."

"You did knock her off of the franxx," Lynn chides, "It was a pretty hard fall."

"Why are you doing this?" Zero Two asks.

I look at the pink-haired girl and huff. "Honestly, things have been weird," I reply, "I'm on the side of the Klaxosaurs, but I don't want to be the enemy of humanity."

"I made a deal with the Princess that we would support each other. I'd help her achieve her goals, in return she'd support our little community that I built."

"She will save her kind and protect this planet, and I'll help her do so as well as protect humanity."

Zero Two remains silent. She tries to understand where I am coming from. If anything, Zero Two is rather perplexed that I side with the Klaxosaurs and fight for humanity as if it was a paradox of sorts.

"After what I learned in the past two years, I know the Klaxosaurs were never meant to be our enemies," I state.

I look forward to the hallway that almost seems endless. Soon enough, we start to see a bright light at the end of the tunnel.

"We're almost there," Lynn says.

XXXXX

"Doctor, what's happening?" Hachi asks.

"This has taken a turn for the worse," The doctor replies, "If what Papa says is true, then we are all doomed."

"I had programmed Strelitzia Apus to take down Cosmos, but it seems Papa and that Vice-Chairman were a step ahead when it came to Code-001's presence."

"This planet is doomed to fall," The Doctor says.

"Is there anything that we can still do?" Hachi asks.

There is a roaring sound that continues to get louder. The sound comes from outside the room the two individuals are in.

"What is that?" Hachi asks.

"What else makes that noise," The Doctor says, "You just saw them moments ago."

The old man stands up and walks to the door. He steps out into the large cylindrical room. Hachi follows.

At that moment, a silver franxx slides quickly into the elevator shaft, screeching to a halt. The franxx kneels and it's faceplate swings open.

Then a boy suddenly jumps out of the franxx with a girl in tow.

"Ah Kira," The Doctor greets, "And Zero Two."

I land on the ground and stand Zero Two up. Lynn hops off the franxx and lands behind me.