Chapter 6

Your doom never came.

Instead, you felt a body behind you and a hand covering your eyes. Then a flood of light manifested from thin air. When the hand dropped, the shadow was gone. Your breath returned to your body. The figure from behind grunted, giving an indication for you to move. You were petrified to turn around. Who knows what kind of monster would have the power to kill...whatever that shadow was. But eventually, you faced your savior. Under the reddish hue of the moon, the man's expression was clear. He had a mixture of anger and annoyance. His jaws were clenched. His hair was longer in the back, he had to tie it up. Little strands fell across his eyes. They felt so familiar, like a dragon. One brow arched upward. You looked at him a bit longer than anticipated. His name was on the tip of your tongue.

"What the hell are you doing here?" he yelled.

You gasped quietly, "Namjoon?" He was not like the boy you saw every day at school. He ditched the glasses and his hair wasn't a shagged mess covering his face. His lips were tinted a shade of pink. When he bit the inside of his cheek, you saw a hint of his dimples.

"Who else would it be, you pabo?" he groaned. "What are you doing here?"

"I-" You actually didn't know what happened or how to convey how terrifying the experience was in words. This is why you could never be a writer. "I think I was being chased by something, and then a hole appeared on the wall and I jumped through it. And then I ended up here. What were those things? What is this place? Why are you here? Why are you wearing a tux?"

Namjoon sighed and rubbed his temple. He was in the middle of preparing for his show when he felt something was wrong. A strange source of magic materialized from somewhere within the Realm and curiously, he wanted to check out what it was about. He didn't think he would encounter you, a human. But wait, there was a problem with this. No human would have been able to see the portal, let alone go through it unscathed. He took a closer look at you and it occurred to him that he had been an idiot all along for not noticing. Magic radiated out of you and it was blinding. He was a fool to not see it the first time. He took off his coat and draped it over your head. Underneath, he wore a long-sleeve white blouse. The sleeves were loose, he looked like a poem. "Where are we going?" Without answering any of your questions, he grabbed your hand and led you back into the street.

"Don't say anything and look down." Unlike his usual posture at school, Namjoon held his head high. At times, he would smile and politely nod at people who were passing by. While keeping your head low, you manage to still steal a peek at those around you. Music was still playing from somewhere and people danced while laughing with one another. You found it a bit odd that along with the masks, some of them wore horn attachments or scales like a fish. When one woman poked her tongue out and you saw that it was exactly like a snake's tongue, Namjoon covered your mouth before you could make a sound. "Quiet," he hissed. You did as told for the duration of the trip.

A door shrieked open with his kick. He looked around to make sure you weren't being followed before proceeding inside. It was a matter of time before someone else comes looking for trouble. You entered what looked like the back of a stage. Thick velvet curtains fell from the ceiling and parallel to them were rows of lights. There were a few makeup tables scattered throughout the floor. On the back of one seat, you saw Magician and figured there would be some sort of magic show happening right now. The rumble of the ground made you feel uneasy, then the audience abrupted in applause. It shook the walls. When Namjoon took that seat, confusion was an understatement. You never imagine Namjoon being on stage, let alone performing in front of what looked to be a stadium of people.

He still hadn't explained what was going on and you had a feeling he wouldn't. A girl with cheetah-like facial features approached Namjoon and began dusting a little bit of blush on him. He smiled at her as a greeting and to show appreciation. You haven't seen him smile like that before and wondered what else you have never seen from him. Someone called out to Namjoon, it was time for him to go on. Concern flashed on his face. "Stay here, please," he urged. "Don't talk to anyone, don't touch anything. I will be back as soon as I can."

You nodded. The knot in your throat prevented you from saying anything. Still, with uneasiness in his mind, he dashed off to the stage for his grand entrance. An orchestra started playing and the crowd roared in cheer. Namjoon stood in the middle of the floating platform and gave his signature air kiss. You sat silently in his seat and tried to make yourself not noticeable. It was an impossible challenge, you realized, since people and... things kept coming up to you and mumbled in a language you couldn't recognize. Tears formed, this was a nightmare that you wanted to break free from.

In the commotion, you grew hungry and thirsty. On the table next to various powders and palettes, you saw a glass of water. It wasn't there before, or maybe you just didn't notice everything that was happening. Not giving it another thought, you took a long gulp. At first, nothing happened, besides your thirst being saved. But then the lights dimmed and the sound faded out. Despite sitting in a chair, your vision warped and you felt nauseous. Like a snap of a finger, you fell forward.