Epilogue

The door to the archive swung open. Its soft creak was cushioned by the numerous books on wide and tall shelves. You didn't even notice him approaching, nor the blanket he draped around your shoulder. It wasn't until he kissed your cheek that you were fully back in reality. "Oh, you scared me," you gasped quietly.

"Sorry," Namjoon chuckled. He placed a tray of food on the table and joined you on the ground. "You shouldn't be moving around too much, you just woke up a few days ago."

"But I can't stay in bed all day. I have to start walking or else my bones will disintegrate."

Namjoon raised an eyebrow, "You're sitting right now." You gave him a pout and a small punch to the shoulder. "And dramatic," he added, "I got worried when I didn't see you in your room."

"It's comforting to be here," you shrugged. "It reminds me of your home."

"Our home," he corrected.

You nodded, "Our home that was destroyed the minute we left."

He chuckled bitterly. The former Queen was so confident about her plan that she blew up the house once the two of you were in the palace. Now she rots in the dungeon with no light and magic. Yoongi visits her often but she never even looks at him. "We'll build a new one, like a farm."

"You're really set on that, huh?"

"Of course," he cheered. "I wouldn't joke about our future together."

It made you blush, he had an easy way of doing it. Ever since you woke up, he started talking more about living together permanently. He wore his rings proudly now. "What about your show?"

"I only started it to defy my parents. To be more than just their puppet. After the Queen was dethroned, they quieted down a bit. I don't need it anymore. I have you now."

"Is that enough?"

Namjoon let out an exaggerated sigh, " I've told you so many times, you are my life, Y/N."

You giggled, "I know. I just like hearing you say it." Namjoon rolled his eyes as he fed you the soup Seokjin made. 

"What are you writing?"

"When grandmother gave me her magic, she also gave me her memories," you explained. The pen continued to write on as you talked to him. "I'm writing down her story so that I won't forget." Namjoon leaned closer to read. No matter how much time you've spent with him, he never fails to make your head spin with the close proximity. "The hunt for Deflectors was well established when grandmother was younger. Eomma inherited her magic. Grandmother did her best to hide her family's secret with their shield protection and it worked for some time. Then eomma met appa and they had me. They prayed that I would be born without magic but as luck would have it, magic ran in my blood. Grandmother did the unthinkable and went to work for an influential family in hopes of gathering information to save her family." You paused, leaning your head against the man next to you.

"I can feel how she felt about you. She really loved you as though you were her own grandchild. She used to think all aristocrats were the same. Snotty and entitled. To some extent, you were like that. But over the years, she watched you grow into a great man. She was sad when you left home. It was around that time that my parents were captured and killed. When she went back to the house to look for me, she assumed I was dead too but she heard rumors that the newly appointed Queen took me away." With your memories coming back to you, you realized that the Queen took you when you were an adolescent and brought you to the human realm and implanted fake memories about your growing up there. She thought keeping you out of Etherio would keep your magic dormant for when she needed you to power the project. "She never stopped looking for me."

Namjoon noticed your sudden somber state and wrapped his arms around you. "And now she'll always be with you, along with the memories of your parents. And I'm sure wherever they are, they are happy that you're alive and happy."

You sniffled. "You're right, I am alive and very much happy now. And I have you."

"Am I enough?"

You rolled your eyes, "I wouldn't be alive if it weren't for you. You've saved me countless times."

"You really are troublesome," he teased.

"I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't followed you that day," you pondered out loud. You played with the ends of his hair. He smiled with his eyes closed and captured your hand. With ease, he pulled it to his side.

"Well, if we follow the sequence of events, you wouldn't have known about your power, the Knights would have captured you and brought you back to the Queen, and she would activate her evil project. The realms would have lost their magic and she would have ruled over them all."

"You should have married her, then she wouldn't feel the need to make up for the lack of love."

"True," he nodded. "I could have. I would have been King and had so much money I wouldn't know what to do. It would have been a good life." You gave him a nudge to remind him about reality. "I'm kidding. You know I don't care for that life. With you by my side, I have everything I need. And besides, the ring is a perfect size for you."

"Speaking of, are you ever going to propose to me properly?"

"What's the point? You're gonna say yes no matter what."

"Okay, fair," you mumbled. "What about a wedding?"

He shrugged, "That's fine. But I would much rather skip the whole day and get to the wedding night."

Your cheeks burned red and you hid your face behind the journal. "You pervert."

His laughter filled the empty archive. "I'm just teasing you. I'm your future husband, I get to do that."

"Well as your future wife, I demand more soup."

He let out a smirk, "For my lovely future wife, I would do anything." As you wrote, he would feed you little by little, dragging out the moment for as long as you could. All his life, he thought only extravagance would satisfy him. But in this archive, he was most content with doing absolutely nothing at all besides being with you.

The Magician took his last bow. He belongs to only one.