Chapter 34

The Queen roared. Specks of violence glimmered in her eyes. Her voice raged through the garden as the guests scrambled to leave. If she was able to breathe fire, everything would be inflamed right now. She snapped her head towards Namjoon once more and saw again the arrogance in his smile. The arrogance that she admired and fell in love with. She thought they were one and the same and their love would conquer all the realms. But she was naive to believe anyone would have her back other than herself. What was supposed to be the happiest day of her life vanished right before her eyes. She only had one person to blame. You.

Her hands went up and the pawns who had been hidden throughout the bushes of the gardens jumped out. Their limbs moved like puppets. They held up their swords and charged towards your group. Jungkook jumped in front of you and changed into a wolf. The pawns stopped in their tracks but the Queen pushed them on. The wolf ran forward and attacked anyone who came in sight. Beside you, Hoseok was throwing fire and ice bullets. Yoongi and Jimin moved in sync as they fought off the men one at a time. Similarly, Seokjin could see the attack before they came. He adjusted his glasses as he swiftly dodged the swords. Taehyung wasn't part of the fight, his role was to stay with the machine.

After you left the dungeon, he took the group to where the machine was located underground in the palace. It was underneath the garden, directly where the altar was. How morbid now that you were thinking about it. Taehyung knew its weak spot but of course, it was enchanted to keep anything from hurting it. He watched your magic strip the enchantment away. He began working on the mainframe. "It'll take a while," he had said. "You need to get out of here and sabotage the wedding. That's when she'll begin her plan, with all of her guests." Yoongi wasn't keen on letting Taehyung stay there with the machine, but Jimin assured him that Taehyung's intentions were genuine.

Your eyes remained on the Queen. She took a step back, feeling clearly outnumbered. But her face was still as poignant as ever.

"Y/N!" Namjoon yelled from somewhere. When you looked behind you, a sword was inches from your face. Namjoon ran, pushing through the crowd. He got to the assailant and easily kicked the sword away. The man scrambled to get away as Namjoon tried to pick him up.

"Let him go," you urged.

"He wanted to kill you," Namjoon grumbled. "I should gauge his eyes out."

"It's not his fault," you remind him. " If we want to stop this, we have to get to her." Both your eyes went back to the Queen in white. She observed her army as they eliminated her enemy. They infiltrated the garden like ants. You didn't see an end to them. Once they get knocked down, they just stand back up. In their eyes, you saw pain and they begged for it to stop.

"You can do it, right?" he asked under his breath. He didn't want to look at you, otherwise, he would want to take you away.

"Yes."

"Then I'll clear a path for you." He let the man go and picked up his sword. A bear joined your side, swinging his arms around to push away the pawns. Your magic protected them from sustaining any injury. The Queen pulled something out from underneath her wedding dress. The ground shook. Hoseok looked around, it wasn't him. The roof to the gazebo that made up the altar exploded and from the ground, the machine emerged. It chilled you just like the first time you saw it. The countdown began and your heart sank. Taehyung couldn't do it.

"That little traitor thinks he could get the better of me," the Queen thundered. "Soon you'll all meet your doom!"

Without thinking, you ran towards her and out of the protection ofNamjoon. His eyes widened but he continued to fight the swarm around him. You lunged forward. Her power was essentially useless on you and the protective shield you just put around the altar made it impossible for anyone else to enter the gazebo. "Stop this!" you demanded. "Stop this before anyone else gets hurt."

"Never!" she scoffed. "This is my life's mission. I will not let a nobody like you take this away from me. You already took him and everything else!"

"He was never yours to have in the first place, nothing is inherently yours. Not even your magic."

Her mouth twitched. There was a dangerous hunger in her cold eyes. "You're too late anyway. Not even I can stop this countdown. Say goodbye to your magic while you still can." Your brows furrowed and you let out a scream. The Queen fumbled, falling to the ground. It was getting hard for her to breath and she felt her energy slipping out of her. You towered over her, holding your hand out.

"Say goodbye to yours first." Her eyes rolled back and her arms fell to her side. When you were done, she sat silently.

"What did you do to me?"

"What you wanted to do to everyone else," you answered.

"You bitch," she spat. Her voice came out like a breeze in the spring. All around, the bodies of the pawns stopped in their tracks. They were no longer under her control. Her body slumped to the ground but there was a grin on her face. "I told you, you're too late."

10 seconds left. You took a deep breath. None of the boys noticed what was happening, except for the magician. He saw everything and he saw his lover walking toward the machine.

5 seconds left. You put your palms on the surface.

0 seconds left. The machine rumbled awake. It was so loud, it knocked the boys down to their knees. Namjoon couldn't move his body. He cursed out loud for his legs to move so that he could get to you. Inside the gazebo, the force from the machine bounced within the shield you put up. The temperature rose, and your hands were burning. Then it exploded. Fragments of the machine clashed against the shield, and many pieces scratched your bare skin. You covered your face with your hands. Through the cracks of your fingers, you saw the core of the machine powering down and your shield fading away. The sound of your name emerged from the silence, but you couldn't answer.