CHAPTER 30

Chapter 30: Unexpected Arrival

......

Watching the multiple energy absorbed into one then transmits into Mina's chest, it was plainly unbearable to look at her turning evil.

It had gotten very difficult and complex to try getting in the way but the phases had made it impossible to interfere.

It was beyond all doubt that you have failed to protect Mina.

Your knees fell and plants your hands on the ground as your head bowed.

"This isn't.. what I hoped for..." You sob.

"No, don't lose hope. Look," Sana replies and removes the debuffs in the woods.

Mina was still surrounded by the energy and she tried her best not to let Ryujin take over her. She caresses her ached head and groans painfully.

You lifted your head to see what Sana meant.

"Splendid," Jihyo walks slowly in the front, it was her sudden appearance that lost your breath away.

"Ice witch...! Ice witch! Ice witch! Ice witch!" Mina chants her alias excitingly, her hand on the face to take full control of the body.

Mina twists her head to approaching Jihyo as she positions to shoot a spike on her but Jihyo eventually frosted both her hands in no time, making her unable to move.

"Shin Ryujin, you lost," Jihyo walks her way to Mina's bundle of energy and she ends the process by frosting the hands.

The possession was complete.

But Jihyo knew Ryujin very well she won't be able to summon her spikes without a hand.

"You're coming with us," Jihyo tells Mina, and Ryujin decides to hide as Mina took over.

At that instant moment, Mina was consumed with fatigue and unconsciousness to knock her down. Despite, she was back to normal, it doesn't change the fact that Ryujin possessed her and will take over whenever she desired.

"She's the Ice Witch...?" You ask.

"Yes,"

Jihyo crouches to Mina on the ground, cuffing her wrists together at the back with frozen hands. She twirls. "Where's Chaeyoung?"

"Is it over...?" You stand.

"Yeah, we'll be going to the Ilsun Village next,"

"What will happen to Mina...?"

"She'll be confined, don't worry,"

"I-it's not okay..! You can't take her away from me.. C-can she be cured?" You stutter.

"Mina is not dead. It's Ryujin, but her soul has been invited to Mina's body, making them into a one person with a split personality," She says.

You were relieved to know Mina is alive.

"As dangerous as it looks, Ryujin will be stuck in Mina's body forever. If you're asking me how to make Ryujin get out of her body, then you're gonna have to kill Mina too,"

Your eyes widened at the thought of Mina dying, and you obviously don't want that to happen.

Sana had been silent the entire time, her face is dark and it's scary to talk to her.

"Get Chaeyoung," Jihyo says.

"Fine..." You had no choice but to accept the harsh fate once again. You don't want this.

You don't want this loop.

It felt like you are missing something.

This isn't right.