Chapter thirty two: Convince.

Jareds POV

 “Jared, go down there and give Acacia these things I bought for her.” Acacia's dad said to me. He hasn't shaved in weeks. To be honest he looks like a man who lost his family. I'm pretty sure he even lost a pound or two.

“Why do you need to send her things? You shouldn't spoil her. She has a sickness and she needs to be cured. You shouldn't take her outside objects.” Acacia's mother said all snobby like.

I snatched the bag away from his hand before he actually listened to her words. “I'll take it down, no problem. I haven't seen Acacia all week anyways. Lyle hasn't gone down in about a month maybe more so I'll bring him with me.” I muttered swallowing another spoonful of tasteless cereal.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about the last conversation I had with Acacia. Even though she tried to play it off I know she took what I said to heart. I know she has been seriously thinking about everything I said. I don't regret saying anything. I need her to know that I loved her and that I want her to be happy. I want the person who receives her love to love her back unconditionally. I want him to want nothing but her because I know she's been through a lot. She's been through too much to be unhappy anymore. I want to make her smile. I want her to be the same little girl she was back when I first fell in love with her. The girl who always smiled and laughed. The girl who blushed when you kissed her. The girl who always loved to play under the sun light. The girl who picked flowers from the neighbor's flower bed and brought them back to give to everyone. The one who would pluck the petal's off white daisies saying 'He loves me' 'He loves me not' while having no one in particular in mind. She's still in the same person inside I know it. It's just that she's hurt so badly that she made a shell and hides herself in it.

I want to break that shell.

“What's up? Going to see Acacia today?” Michael asked me getting a bowl and pouring cereal into it. I nodded my head. He swallowed a spoon full and nodded his head. Both Acacia's cousins and I have been living in this house since Acacia left. I think my parents couldn't have picked a better time to go on a sabbatical. Actually they could have. They could have decided they want to go on the sabbatical about 4 months ago or even a year ago. Maybe even two years ago so that I could have more time with Acacia.

Acacia's mother decided she had to go food shopping so half way through breakfast she left. Acacia's cousins left to hang out with their new girlfriends. That left me alone with Acacia's father. After I finished off my cereal I washed the dishes and put them away after I dried them. I leaned against the counter blankly starring at the bag Acacia's father had given me to give to her. Sighing I walked up the stairs to Acacia's parent's bed room. I gave a light knock on the door.

Her father opened the door. “You should come with me to see Acacia.” I said empty. I knew it would hurt her to see her dad but she needs it. He shook his head.

“She hates me.”

“She'll hate you more if you don't come.” He starred at me for a couple of minutes before promptly closing the door. I shuffled my feet and headed down stairs. I switched on the TV. After about an hour her father came down clean shaved.