Chapter eightteen: Big sister?

I groaned as the light hit my face. I slowly let me eyes flutter open. Again I was in the nurse’s office except this time I was alone. I sat up and rubbed my eyes. I brought my hand up to my mouth a yawned. I sat there in silence before I heard voice's coming from the door. I couldn't understand what they were saying but I could tell they were mad. Something white caught my attention and I looked down to see gauze wrapped around my wrist. I could tell it hasn't been changed because I can see dried blood through the gauze. I grab some of the alcohol and gauze from the table next to me and clean my wound. I re-wrapped my wrist and started walking towards the door the leads to the main office of the nurse.

Now that I think about it I haven't even meet the nurse...

I opened the door and 8 set of eyes instantly feel on my face. Ignoring them I walked past everyone and straight towards the door that leads outside. Suddenly my feet are off the floor and instead of facing the door I was facing Mrs. Evans and a man I haven't seen before. I blink a few times confused. I look towards the door and back at Mrs. Evans. I scratched my head and head back towards the door only to feel someone's arms rap around my waist and pull me back. Again, I blink a few confused and turn around to see Caden smirking down at me. I flick him on the nose and go back to the door. His hands clamp down on my shoulders and he hauled me back to Mrs. Evans. I huff.

I can hear a soft giggle and a sturdy small laugh. Lina and Caden. Ignoring Mrs. Evans I turn back to Caden. “If you’re not nice to me I might just have to kill you.” I say in a soft voice and head back to the door. I had my hand on the door ready to open it before I pulled back by the arm. I groaned and I heard Lina try to cover up her laugh with a cough. I was facing Mrs. Evans again when a couple throats cleared.

“All right I get it!” Joseph suddenly yelled. He came to stand beside Mrs. Evans. He ran his hand through his hair and the scowl on his face disappeared replaced by sorrow. “I'm sorry. I didn't know me calling you...you know... I didn't think it would hurt you. I thought maybe you would just shrug it off.” He stood there for a second staring at me in the eyes. “I'm really sorry.” I finally realized everyone was not only staring at me but waiting for a reaction.

I turned around to face Caden. “So can I go now?”

His mouth opened as if he was going to say something but nothing came out. I could tell he was confused. “Aren't you at least going to look him in the face and say you forgive him?”

I shrugged my shoulders. “I couldn't care less what he thinks or says. It wasn't” fully “his fault that I did it.”

He stood there gapping at me. I brought my hand up and closed his mouth. “Tryanna catch flies?” I asked cocking my head to the side. “I think you'll get the best result outside.” Lina started laughing pretty hard and I dropped my hand and looked over at her.

I shrug my shoulders and headed for the door again. “Wait.” A deep stern but friendly voice called from behind me. I turned around to face the man I had never seen before. “I'm Mr. Evans. You can just call me Charlie.” He held out his hand. For a moment I thought about just letting it hang there but thought better of it.

“Hello Lee.” I said in a condescending tone.

I could tell he was going to object to my nick name but quickly changed his mind dropping my hand. “Although you say it wasn't his fault I would still feel better if you acknowledged his apologize.”

I thought about it for a moment scratching my head. “Okay.” I shrugged my shoulders. “Fine. I accept. Have a good night's sleep for the both of us.” I said patting his massive shoulder. I turned on my heel and headed to the door only to be stopped yet again. I groaned.