What broke the camel's back.

            “Sweetie, she—we have to tell you something.” I look at my father under my still sleepy eyes. I am pretty sure I only slept for 4 hours.

            After I had gotten up, snuck back to my room, and taken a shower I came down stairs to find a serious looking father figure.

            “Your mother—“

            “We.” My mother said cutting in.

            “Uhh... yes... We feel that sadly it is time we get our point across. If you will not go to a therapist and you will not change she—we see that there is no other way around it.” My father took a deep breath in.” I narrowed my eyes, this is not good. The boys pointed their confused looks at me. I shrugged and went to sit down next to Jared. I grabbed his spoon and put a spoonful of his cereal in my mouth. “We feel” I munched on cereal. “That she—we have” I swallowed “no choice” I grabbed some of his orange juice and chugged at it “but to send you to a special school—“

            Michael screamed in disgust as he stepped back from where I spat the juice out. I stared open mouthed at my father. “What?” I said blankly, orange juice spilling from my mouth.

            “Well it is not really a special school but a sort of boarding school.” My father said quickly stealing glances at my mother.

            “Special? As in mental?” I asked pushing my eyebrows together and nodding my head like I understood.

            “Y-y-yes.” My father looked sad.

            My eyes immediately narrowed. One thump, Two, thump. One thump, two thump. Everyone; waiting, watching, waiting, watching, eating, waiting, swallowing, watching, starring, waiting, drinking, watching, swallowing, waiting, looking, glaring, watching, waiting, waiting, waiting....... One thump, take it out on him, two thumps, take it out on her. One thump, take it out on her, two thump, run for Lyle’s house. One thump.

            I grabbed the milk took the cap off and walked to my mother. Smiling just barely I said “Goodbye crazy.” as I poured the full gallon of low fat milk on my mother. No one moved they just let me do as I did. The boys laughed but tried to keep it in and my father just stared at me surprised with his mouth open. Her perfectly straightened hair now stuck to her face and her make-up smeared and rolled and mixed with the milk as it made its way down her neck and on her shirt.

            When the gallon was empty I pouted “Darn. Hand me the orange juice, would you Jared?” Before he could even move my mother started screaming. “Talk about a late reaction.” I said bored. Jared handed me the orange juice and I opened it. I put it right over my mom’s face starring as it began to pour down. My mother looked up and the orange juice mixed with milk and tons of pounds of make-up was going in her mouth.

            When that was done I throw the empty gallons into the recycle bin and returned to the scene of the crime. My mother just stood there shaking her head and trying to wipe everything away. My father, after he got over the shock, gave her a cloth and helped. “Mother you make me laugh.” I said when she cleaned her eyes enough to glare at me. When the liquids were cleared from her face and neck I spoke again so she would leave “Wow! Look at the old lady without make-up! Gross!” The boys turned to look at her and she ran up the stairs stripping of her dirty clothes.

            While she was running up the stairs my father looked at me. “Do not ever do that to your mother again!” He looks mad. “I can understand sometimes you like to play pranks on her like in the hospital, but you have to respect her!” Like she respects me? “She is your mother!” Are you really mad at me? “You cannot go on like this forever!” Blank. “You have to grow up!” Why cannot I feel anything? “At some point Acacia, you have to learn,” Why are you mad at me? You've never screamed at me before. “that you won't always get away with things!” What would you do if I told you the truth? Take my side or her’s? “You can't keep acting like this!” I feel so numb. Where is my razor? I'm having trouble breathing. “Your mother does her best to raise you right.” My lungs hurt, daddy. My hearts beating fast, too. “The least you could do is make it—“