𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘭

I didn't grow up in the city....clearly. I'm not used to the angry people honking horns and the homeless causally peeing on a building wall. The amount of diversity here is crazy. I love it, also there are a lot of tourist. If you think about it my knowledge on the place is the size of a peanut so I fit right with the tourist.

I started my job at the gallery, I'm the boss' assistant, he asks I deliver what he wants. Once I have my stuff up in the gallery hopefully I'll get a few buyers, which I'm really excited for. So far everything has been a success....except for the fact that my neighbor hates me.

I know it's a stupid reason to second guess but, no one hates me. I'm nice, bubbly, caring. It bothered me that he hated me. I went to give him cookies and he took them, slamming the door in my face...but he took them. I didn't even get to ask for what his name was.

All I know is that he's really tall, muscular, and smells really good.I don't think I've smelled a man that smells this good, it was like such a cologne sent that smells hot, sexy, and clean. I couldn't really see his face though, his house was pitch black, I don't know how he can see in there. I never see him though. I asked around a bit but everyone just sighed and rolled their eyes. Clearly he wasn't a people person.

I never expected San Francisco to be so foggy, I mean sometimes it's sunny but it gets really really foggy and cold. It's very strange weather.

Today I had a day off from work, they told me 'you are new to the city...get to know it' I think they found it a bit annoying that I kept arriving late, I had my reasons...and it was because every street looks the same and well I got lost.

I tugged a white polo sweater over my head and wore some mid-waisted dad jeans from Levi's. It looked pretty foggy out, which meant it was going to be cold, which also means it would be a good day to get some coffee.

I didn't really know where the closest local coffee place was, I knew Starbucks exists here but I have a feeling that it's pretty far from my house and I want to be able to walk without having to walk a million miles.

I quickly typed into my phone coffee shop near me, 2 popped up in my area. I putting on my white converse I stepped out of my house, beginning my 10 minute walk to the coffee shop.

⁂⁂⁂

When I got there the place was the perfect amount of busy. It wasn't too crazy nor too dead. I ordered myself a vanilla latte with extra heavy cream. Luckily I brought a book with me so I wouldn't be fully alone.

I was practically invested in the book, I think if someone pulled me away I would literally smack them. When I was small I hated books though, I liked the covers and would get it because of the cover and never read it. That was the kind of kid I was. I never got into reading until 8th grade, I met romance novels and fell in love with them. Now I read a book every week. Literally.

As I continued reading, a significant smell crossed my nose. I looked up and saw a very tall figure standing in line looking up at the menu. That's him. I couldn't really see his muscles but that's because he was wearing a blanket jacket. I told you it was cold.

I couldn't even see his face his back was facing me, it didn't really help identifying him. All I know this that he's tall and smells good, nor do I know how his face looks like. I guess that isn't much help either. All I know is that he smells good. I tried ignoring it, I mean I couldn't be staring at a random man, that's just creepy at this point.

After about 20 minutes, I got up to go to the bathroom, when I did, I caught a glimpse of the guy. He was reading a book. I couldn't really see his face, he was looking down at his book. I hurried up in the bathroom so I could try to talk to him. If he's my neighbor that won't be that awkward but it's fine. I'll just meet someone new.

When I walked back to my seat, I noticed he was looking up at me. Our eyes met, it felt like if the world got slower when I looked into his crystal blue eyes. Wow. We didn't break eye contact until I bumped into someone.

"Shoot!" The person dropped their coffee.

"What the fuck?! I just paid for that!" The man kept cursing and yelling at me. I quickly grabbed some napkins beginning to wipe the floor.

"I'm so sorry, here-um, shoot, sorry" I tried looking for some cash to give him, sadly I didn't have any on me which sucked, cause I mean this is a little too embarrassing. Quickly running to my purse i grabbed 10 dollars and handed him the money. "I'm so sorry, that should be enough for coffee and a pastry." I bit my lip nervously hoping the man would accept the change.

"Whatever" he grabbed it out of my hand walking to the line. I sat back down in my spot leaning my head back against the wall. I let out a few breaths feeling my anxiety spike at it's max.

I just want to curl up in a ball and cry. That was so bad. Everyone is probably thinking, what an idiot. Honestly I feel like one.

I put my book in my purse and took the last sip of coffee before leaving. When I stood up to leave, the guy was looking at me. This is even more embarrassing. I quickly pulled the purse strap over my shoulder and sped walked out of the place as fast as I could.

I'm such a stupid klutz, who the hell bumps into someone that was literally in front of me, it's not like the man was invisible. Thanks to those crystal blue eyes that captured mine, the guy will forever think of me as the person that made a fool out of herself for not looking forward. So damn embarrassing.

When I got home I went to my window sill, hugging my legs that were up to my chest. I practically related the words 'don't cry' in my mind like a million times.

I sat there reminiscing the coffee shop moment over and over again. I kept thinking about the guy and his blue eyes. He had rosy lips and really nice eyebrows. He had pale skin and was wearing all black.

I looked out the window and saw the same familiar tall figure walking past my house into the black house next door. It's him.