𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘥𝘢𝘭𝘭

It was around 5:55 pm, I was closing up the gallery after a very long day of work. With meeting new artist, having everything organized, and setting up the gallery. I practically was worn out, not physically mentally.

All I needed was a cup of coffee to be okay. Plus I got out later then usual so I really needed this. I drove to the local coffee shop I always went to.

I walked in waiting in line to order my coffee. They guy in front of me was really tall and had a tight shirt worn with some dress pants. He had some expensive looking formal shoes that lightly tapped on the floor from the impatience.

I shrugged it off waiting. All my mind could wander to, is the next gallery exposition that was happening. I had to be in charge of ordering and organizing everything. I already felt my anxiety rise. I chewed on my bottom lip with the non stop thinking.

"Next!" The loud voice said loudly, snapping me out of my thoughts. I walked over to the cashier taking out 7 dollars once I ordered.

I walked to the pick up area, biting on my nail trying to organize the meetings in my head. I felt someone look at me but I didn't even pay attention, I was so deep into my thoughts that i didn't even look at the person.

"Kenny!" My name got called out so I went to grab my coffee, when I did another name got called out right after mine "Nicolas!"

There he was 6'3, wearing a tight black shirt with the dress pants and expensive formal shoes. Oh my god. It's been 3 months since I last talked to him. I felt agitated. We both looked at each other not knowing what to say.

"Hi" he said grabbing his coffee.

"Hi" my voice was soft and quiet, I couldn't stop thinking about the last time I saw him. It wasn't that great.

"Listen about the last time I saw you-"

"No it's fine, I can be a bit pushy sometimes" he shook his head and sighed.

"It wasn't fine, I didn't mean to react so....bad. A lot was going on, we can re-do it-if you want of course" he seemed more open minded....what happened?

"Yes" I said that a little too quickly, now I seem desperate. "I mean yeah, I would like that" he nodded in agreement, I noticed he was going to say something but got cut off my a phone call....he has a phone?

"Sorry can I take this?" He asked me, I nodded surprised on how much he was talking. "Hello? No-I said no, he didn't come last week to the meeting---well that's his fucking fault. He missed his shot, he doesn't get it now--- does it look like I give two shits Pamela? No I don't cancel that fucking meetings--I said no last week and I'm saying no today, tomorrow and the next day after that-- what?-I don't-fuck-okay I'll be there soon" he hung up the phone running his hand through his hair. I didn't say anything not wanting him to yell at me like last time.

"Listen I really have to leave, I'll have my assistant call you to schedule the lunch" assistant? He started walking out but I quickly ran after him.

"Wait! You- you don't have my number" I looked up at him, he looked at the Rolex that wrapped around his wrists. What the fuck?

"Write it on a piece of paper and put in my mail. I'll see it. Bye" I didn't even get a chance to say okay, he just got in a black suv and left.

What in the hell just happened?