Chapter 3: The Acrobat's Massacre- Part 2

'But soon after we regained our composure, a hand emerged from behind the curtain, from inside of Delamont, causing us to jump back in fear...'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

Is that a hand? An actual floating hand?

I'm just confused. Either somebody's got a severed limb or they're invisible or some shit. Like, I don't know what's going on.

Then, said hand yanks back the curtain.

And I was very wrong.

Turns out that the floating hand just belonged to an acrobat.

Everybody's just glaring at each other right now. My God, this is awkward.

"Um, hello?" Megan says, waving.

"Hello there, friends! You're right in luck! The carnival's in town tonight!" The acrobat responds, a sinister smile drawn on her face.

"Yes, that's the reason we're here, Miss. Now, if you wouldn't mind letting us in, that would be wonderful." Oli says, confusion lingering in his voice.

"Not yet, pretty lad! I haven't told you about the attractions here tonight! We've caught a Stone Man, a dog woman, steampunk twins with knives! It's like bloody Mardi gras every day!" She giggles, exploding into a cackle.

Gear: 'OK, this bitch is weird as fuck. Like, I would much prefer to go to a carnival with my friends and now we're chatting with somebody weirder than Hannibal Lecter. I'm looking at everybody and I can tell we're all asking the same thing; what the fuck did we get ourselves into?'

Lizzie: 'So, to sum up, this girl in one word, she's eccentric. Being eccentric's great, but this girl's making it creepy.'

"So, just to clarify, with these steampunk twins with knives, are these knives like Scream or..." Valentina questions, before the acrobat cut her off.

"You've hit the nail on the noggin, young lady!" She yells, knocking the side of the head to show.

"Yeah. We need to..."

After another awkward silence, Zach thought of something.

"Talk to the mayor," He lies, hopefully being able to get us away from this crazy lady.

"Well, I've said all I needed to say, so....."

She pulls back the purple curtain, letting us through.

"Welcome to Delamont and enjoy the ride!"

Though I'm still weirded out by that lady, I just walk into town, holding Lana's hand.

Damn, this place... looks pretty cool.

There's this diner called Laceline Rockettes, a gigantic Ferris wheel, and a lot of other stuff.

And even though we just got here, this guy approaches us.

"Hey," He says, handing Vanessa a rose. "I'm Victor, nice to meet you all."

Valentina waved at him.

And, I'm going to be honest, I'm kinda freaking out right now. I mean, is this guy trying to take my girlfriend?

I mean, he better not be or he's getting punched right in the face. I don't care how many people are watching.

Joey: 'So, we run into this guy. His name's Victor and he's kinda hot, but I'm like 'Why are you over here?'. Can we trust this guy or not?'