Chapter 11: The Un-named Bandit- Part 1

"We're going to move forward."

"We're going to move forward, as a team."

"And, as I say that, a new thought plants itself in my mind.

If I wanna get out of here...

I'm gonna have to fight.
For myself and my friends."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

So... we've agreed to start working as a team.
That's great.

But, now, we actually need to start working as a team before somebody loses their shit and fucks this all up again.

We're sat in the lounge, regrouping our thoughts and emotions, preparing to take on our third hour of the night.

"We should try to find this next artifact, you know." Lizzie urges.

We agree and begin to search the lounge, since it was in last time.

Whilst we search, we hear a loud crash outside, as if something were thrown from the balcony.

"AH!" Lizzie squeaks, terrified by the noise.

"Maybe we should go outside and see what that was," Val suggests, hope in her eyes.

"It could contain our next big lead."

"Yeah, I gotta agree with Val for once," Zach says, folding his arms.

We open the lounge door and see what that loud bang was.

Lizzie: 'Every time we've gone outside, something... not very nice has happened. So, I'm just over here, thinking 'Please can we not go outside?'. But guess what? *Cue exaggerated silence* We're going outside, anyhow.'

We head outside and see a body bag outside on a cotton candy machine.

Wonderful; a dead body! I love seeing corpses!

Yes, I was being sarcastic. What do I think I am, a sadist?

"Do you guys believe we should open it? It's going to have something inside, I'm guessing." I suggest.

Val helps Veronica open the body bag and, low and behold, a body was inside it.

The clue's in the name! Don't tell me you didn't think the same thing!

"WHAT THE!?" Vanessa shouts, jumping back.

"Wait, there's a book in here," Val says, grabbing it and holding it to her chest.

"I think we should go back inside, don't you think? Before something pounces on us?" Lia hints, looking around, caution in her voice.

"Yeah, let's go. I don't enjoy being out here in the dark." Lizzie states.

Lia: 'So, now that we've solved the body incident, we go back to the lounge and read this book we found.'

We re-enter the lounge and Val reads the book she found to the group.

It reads:

'I will soon find the Bandit's Hat. Many have died seeking to get it. After gathering their obituaries, I realised their deaths link to those in the works of Maureena Waterlily. If you place these volumes in their proper order, the hat will be shown. The obituaries hold the key.'