Chapter 9: Howling Demise- Part 3.2

Author's Note: Hey, guys! So, it's officially challenge time now! Joey and Valentina are going to face off in the Dog Woman's challenge. Who will win and survive and who will die? Read on to find out. So, let's get on with the chapter!

Your Author, Marbella. <3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Narrator/3rd Person POV:

Valentina and Joey arrive at the challenge area after only a short walk.

It looks decent; only the Dog Woman was standing in front of them terrified them.

"Here are the rules of the challenge," Heidi says, handing them both a note, which Valentina reads.

It reads:

'Search through the alpha's treasure to find the pieces of his broken pride, which resides in the form of a statue. A finished picture is at the end of the treasure trail. The first to finish their statue will claim his heart, whilst the loser will be the Dog Woman's meal for the night.'

Valentina: 'So, we need to find pieces of a statue, which is an alpha wolf's broken pride. Unfortunately for Joey, I'm good at finding stuff, especially in piles. I gotta get back to my alliance and prove myself to the group.'

"Ready? GO!" Victor shouts, Val and Joey racing past the wolf's head-shaped gate into the area.

Right away, Val begins searching through the pile for something, anything.

She is throwing stuff all over the place and she gets lucky; she finds a head and an arm in the first pile.

She put them on the table where they are meant to assemble the statue and searches the second pile.

"Val, give me a second, OK?!" Joey shouts, still having no luck finding any more pieces.

"Sorry, Joey, but I'm surviving this!" she replies, running back to her table with the base, legs, and the other arm.

Val looks over at Joey again and see he found the legs and the head.

She looks through the final pile and finds the torso of the statue.

She makes quick work of assembling the statue, Joey still having trouble finding the torso. 

She's about to put the head on when Joey looks over at her. 

Joey: 'So, I'm trying to find the torso of this statue. And then, I see Valentina's about to put the head on. And my tail falls between my legs...'

"Valentina, NO!" She heard him shout, making her turn her head around to face him as she's about to put the head on.

Joey: 'Pun intended.'

"Sorry, Joey. You may be my idol, but after you killed Megan, I can't trust you anymore." She says, putting the head on. 

The magic coursing through the Dog Woman fills Valentina's ears as she approaches Joey.

"Wait, no. NO! BAD DOG! STAY AWAY FROM ME! NO, NO, N- AHH!" Joey yells out in agony as the Dog Woman bites into his neck. 

Valentina watches in pure horror as the Dog Woman eats him alive.

Valentina: 'As much as I feel bad for Joey, I also need to get this damn heart and cleanse the collar!'

She runs to the glass case, grabs the heart and speeds off as fast as she can, a dull ache prominent in her feet from her shoes.

"Sorry, Joey!" She yelps as she runs off. "Love you!"

She runs back to Victor and Heidi as the Dog Woman continues to eat Joey, who must be dead at this point.

"Squeeze the heart over the wolf's head, Val! Hurry!" Victor shouts.
She does so, trying not to get blood all over her clothes.

The artifact glows and the Dog Woman vanishes in a puff of black magic, just like the acrobats.

"Come on, let's get back to the group!" Heidi commands, motioning Val towards her. 

She takes one last look at Joey's body and runs back to the arcade.

Holding the dog's head in my arms, Val approaches the lounge door.

And, as she opens it, she holds her breath...