Chapter 30: Diabolical Demons- Part 2

"We turn around and see...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

We turn around and now, there's these three demons in black dresses chasing us, clutching darkened wands. 

We're all screaming, freaking out and running to Laceline Rockette's, away from these three... people.

We bust through the back door and lock it shut, gathering at a table in the diner.

"I swear, if I have to run any faster again tonight, I might twist my ankle." Val sighs, exhausted.

"I think we would prefer that, Val." Zach breathes, folding his arms. 

We all just glare at him.

"But, moving on, I'd best show you what this book and scroll is about before we have a squabble." Loretta denotes, rolling the scroll out on the table.

Oli: 'So, Loretta rolls out this scroll out on the table and we put the Ram Skull in the middle of it. We need these three things to cleanse it; we need the anklet of a fallen demon, an amulet of unicorn horn magic, and the chastity ring of a fallen nun. Now, I don't know where we're gonna get any of this stuff, so I think Loretta's gonna be a big help.'

Lana grabs the book that came with the scroll and opens it.

Inside is two spells; a fog spell and a... transformation spell?

"OK, who needs to shape-shift?" Lizzie asks, raising her eyebrows.

"Oh, no, it's not in that context," Loretta corrects, sticking her hands out.

"The transformation spell is what can help you transform into one of the demon's lovers. You need it to get the unicorn horn and its magic."

"So, I'm guessing we need to split up?" I suggest, puzzled.

Turns out it ended up being the best idea.

Since what we were going to do involved seducing a demon- apparently- and Loretta had the amulet we needed to keep the magic in, I ended up going with Oli, Lana, and Val. 

Victor and Heidi ended up going with Zach and Lizzie to get the fallen demon's anklet.

I rip out the page of the book containing the fog spell and give it to Lizzie while we take the rest of the book.

And with that, we leave the diner.

***

After a quick run, we end up at the bridge, which leads to the church and the cemetery.

There's a note attached to the bridge, which Oli grabs and reads.

It reads:

The demon Lassie was known for two things in the Demons Games; seducing men and shattering dreams. To earn her place as one of the Delamont Mistress' servants, she broke the unicorn horn of one of her adversaries, removing its corruption needed to advance. To claim the unicorn horn and take its magic, one of you must use the transformation spell, seduce Lassie and lock her in the mausoleum.

Be wary, though; once she is locked in, you will only have a minute to claim the horn.'

"And then there's me thinking Gear should do it." Val orates, pointing her thumb at me.