Chapter 39: The Delamont Mistress- Part 3

"We look towards the doorway, and through the smoke; we see..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

We look towards the doorway and out of the smoke walks these two women; it's the same two women from the scene on the back of the map.

"Now, before anybody asks questions, I'm Rosena, and this is Colleen. So, who are you guys? We just need to know really quickly." Rosena blurts out, motioning to Colleen.

We all introduce ourselves and discuss that we need to be out of here before sunrise and we need their help to kill the Delamont Mistress and get out of this town.

"Well, you four, grab the Life Locks. It's time to finish what we started." Colleen states, pointing her sheathed sword at us.

OK, ladies, just don't stab us and we'll be fine.

Colleen and Rosena kill the rest of the zombie demons as we continue to storm towards the church like the badasses we are.

Colleen kicks the doors to the church open and we see the Delamont Mistress, pissed as ever. She charges towards us.

"You give me those locks right now, whores." She mutters through gritted teeth, leaning towards us, slowly approaching us.

OK, you better not be calling my girlfriend a whore, bitch; if anything, at least she's hot and not an ugly ass demon!

Then, out of absolutely nowhere, Colleen and Rosena tackle the Delamont Mistress. Everybody's punching and kicking and screaming. 

And me, Val, Lana, and Oli are cheering the two girls on.

There's a few scary moments; Colleen nearly get strangled and Rosena nearly get thrown out the window, but soon, they prevail.

Rosena manages to over-power the Delamont Mistress and slit her throat.

The lights under the artifacts die down, as does the glow of the Life Locks.

She's dead.

Oh my God... she's dead.

"W... wait. Is it over?" Lana observes, her hands covering her face.

"Guys, I think we can go home now." I confirm, pure relief setting in.

"You four did it," Colleen congratulates, putting her sword away.

"Delamont has a future now. The spell is broken. Once you put the locks down next to the Delamont Mistress' body, then by all means...."

Colleen pauses and smiles at us, hope lighting up her face.

"You're free to leave."

Rosena opens the side door of the church, her and Colleen walking out of it and closing it again.

We put the Life Locks next to the Delamont Mistress' corpse, the evil leaving her body and the church.

We did it. We survived the night.

Of course, me and Lana kiss each other. What else should we do?

Oli brings Val into a bear hug and lifts her off of the ground before we all hug each other in a huge group hug.

"So, shall we?" I ask Lana, holding my hand out to her.

"We shall," Lana responds, taking my hand.

We walk out of the church just as dawn breaks on Delamont.