Chapter 28: Scarring Swords- Part 4

"The door to the lounge opens, causing them to hold their breath..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

For some strange reason, Victor and Heidi walk into the lounge before me. They didn't explain why, they just... did it.

I can't help but listen in to the group's reactions as they realise I'm not there.

"Why is Gear's shirt all ripped up?" Oli ponders, looking a little worried.

"Oli, maybe not now..." Lizzie trembles, causing Oli to just cover his mouth in shock.

Of course, Lana is broken.

Valentina just starts lightly crying.

Valentina: 'I see Heidi walk in with Gear's ripped-up shirt and my heart just... drops and I just... can't help but cry. I think Gear's dead. Lana's boyfriend and our closest ally... he's dead. *Her head would fall into her hand* Fuck me.'

OK, great; everybody's kinda depressed. I gotta get in there.

So... I walk back in, the sword in my hand.

And the mood changes entirely. 

"GEAR!" Everybody shouts, standing up. 

Well, not Zach, but I anticipated that from the start.

Lana:' *Has a little squealing and giggling fit in the confessional.* I'm crying right now! Gear's still alive and I'm just so glad we can still be together. I'm just so happy right now and I can tell everybody else is too. Well, except Zach, but fuck that tired-ass cunt.'

Lana's crying from the joy of the situation as I put the sword on the shelf and Lana runs into my arms. 

I pick her up and started spinning her around as we hug each other.

Lizzie: 'Oh my GOD, these two are so cute together! I'm trying so hard not to die of this cuteness right now... and also not punch Zach because I can tell he's annoyed and wants to yell at us.'

After what felt like an hour, I put her down.

"You're OK..." She sighs, still crying.

I wipe a tear from her eye, smiling at her.

"Why wouldn't I be? I've got you." I reply.

And with that, I kiss her, the rest of the world falling away, even if it was just for a few seconds.

"Aw." Everyone gushes.

And I mean, I don't blame them.

"Well, at least we all know why I'm trying to get out of here now." I grin, pulling Lana closer to me.

"And we couldn't agree more. Now, bring it in, guys! Group hug!" Val shouts, causing a group hug to ensue.

Well, this went a lot better than I expected...