Chapter 6: Howling Demise- Part 1

"If she can't make it, nobody can..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

So... the scene with Zach happened. And the situation is collected.

Well, I say collected; I mean, nobody's trying to kill each other.

Val, Lizzie, and Oli are looking around for more information. And I don't blame them. We're gonna need a lot of help if we wanna survive.

Oli finds a note on top of the bookshelf.

It reads:

'Not everybody in Delamont is as sincere as they seem.'

We all go quiet, peering at each other in awe.

"Well, one of us could be a traitor." Zach says, looking up, his hand on his head.

Oli: *Fake gasp* 'Should I tell the entire group what happened with Joey four years ago at his estate in the 1920s?'

"OK, let's not jump to outcomes," Joey reassures, worried.

"I think we should try to find this next artifact."

We all agree and look around for things we hadn't seen before.

Which is pretty damn hard; we don't know this place! We just got here 3 hours ago!

But, I mean... it wasn't impossible.

"Guys, I found.... dice?" Lia says, looking confused.

Val walks over to Lia, looking at the dice.

"Guys, try to find something with letters and symbols Like, a key!" Val calls out, running to the bookshelf.

Then, I find the strangest thing on the floor.

Of all places, it was on the fucking floor.

"OK, this is just getting confusing. Since when did we need perfume to do this? It's got a smoothie on it." I question, looking at it and considering throwing it at Zach.

OK, not like I would do that, but I want to.

"Wait, there's a smoothie on the dice. That must be part of this code," Lizzie says, looking determined.

"Try to find something with a smoothie on it."

Our focus redirects.

We're now looking for something with a smoothie on it.

That sounds weird out of context. But, anyway...

"Guys, there's a paper with a smoothie over here!" Zach shouts, waving his hands to get our attention.

"Gear, use the perfume on it!" Lana says as we run towards it, trying to space out so we didn't fall.

I spray the perfume on it and it reveals a map of the room we're standing in.

And on the right-hand side of the paper, there's an X.

Vanessa: 'I'm looking at the map and I see an X. And X marks the spot! So, I move stuff to find it.'

The twins were moving things around to find the X.

And then, something... pops?

Who's making popcorn at this time of night?! We're fighting for our lives, not going to the movies!