Chapter 24: The Steampunk Twins- Part 4

"I just want everybody to be OK."

"Well, expect Zach and Lia, but that's a different story..."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gear's POV:

So... we're back in the lounge, Vanessa's dead and we're getting closer and closer to either surviving or, in my case, Hell's getting one of it's devils back.

I mean, have you seen some of the shit I've done?

But, anyway, Val's calmed down now and we're all glad that she took it upon herself to punch him. I mean, I could never.

"Well, there was no need for that and just because I voted for Vanessa doesn't mean I should get all the blame. Yes, I wanted her dead and yes, y'all need to cool it." Zach snaps, his voice grating.

"Just be quiet already..." Val groans, putting her head in her hands.

"Well, on a much happier note, we have both keys to the Box of Dynamo!" Oli blurts out, holding up the gold key.

 Lana takes the silver key, and they both put them into these key holes in the box.

The keys somehow turn themselves and the box pops open with a golden light.

Valentina: 'So, the Box of Dynamo opens up, and inside is a flute, a golden note, and cards of all of us, but they have golden edges. I'm so fucking confused.'

"The hell?" I mumble, picking up this golden note. 

It reads:

'Congratulations to you for opening the Box of Dynamo! Because you have proved your worth and found the keys, we will offer you an advantage to help you save the town of Delamont. The flute of Dynamo has one song left, but it can only be used by a chosen one.

Using the golden cards, one of you must be chosen to play the flute and think of a fallen friend. The friend they think of will be brought back from the dead. You may choose to discard this ability, but as a result, only three of you will leave alive. Choose wisely; there is only one chance at this and your mission will be delayed until the revived enters the lounge.'

"Oh my God... we could bring back Megan!" Zach exclaims, jumping up.

No, we're not doing that. That'll just stroke the 12-inch dick that is your ego.

"Could is the keyword," Lia mumbles, rolling her eyes.

"Even so, we can bring back one of our friends!" Lana bubbles, jumping up and down.

Which also kinda got me excited- no, not in that way; who gets horny for their girlfriend in the middle of a death game?

But, either way, I'm so glad that I get to see her so happy; she deserves it after everything she's been through.

We all decide to take a card each based on who we wanted to choose who was coming back.

We give the cards to Heidi, who shuffles them.

"The chosen one is..." Heidi calls out. 

She takes one of the golden cards, looks at it, and turns it around.

"The Highroller."

Zach looks distraught as Oli grabs the flute, steps outside, and plays it; no way was Megan coming back from the dead now.

Which I'm glad about since, you know, she was stupid and all.

After a few minutes, Oli comes back in with the flute, which has now turned into a pile of ashes.

"Who did you choose, Oli?" Val asks, her hands and eyes fidgeting.

TO BE CONTINUED. <3