V. The Bachelor Party

Chapter Five
Steve

We decided to have a joint bachelor party. It doesn't make much sense to have two, we have the same best friends and they can't be in two places at once. And besides, the five musketeers have always done everything together, so why stop now?

We originally put Jo in charge of the joint bachelor party, but Livy quickly convinced me this would only lead to disaster, so I had her plan it instead. I'm so glad I did. Her plan for this evening is for us to go back to Long Island, the place we used to live while undercover as the Branson siblings, and attend the carnival that is held there every summer. Livy and I used to attend every year, it's one of the very few things I miss about living in New York. That and the pizza.

Man do I miss the pizza.

"Alright, what should we do first?" Livy asks once we make it through the entrance, her gaze darting between Lee and I. "It's your night, we follow your lead."

"I want to go play in the bumper cars, I want to do the spinning cups, the ferris wheel..." I trail off, eyeing my sister's pregnant stomach.

She notices, then lets out a sigh. "Fine. You guys have fun and go on all those rides, I'll just go buy a corn dog and wait on the ship."

"My love, there are other activities we could do," Zy speaks in such a tender voice, like he's trying his best not to provoke her. "There's the balloon dart game, ring toss, the water gun game. And there's so many prizes we could win for our baby girl. Don't you think she'd love one of those giant stuffed bears?"

That lifts her spirits. "Can I still get a corn dog?"

He kisses her forehead and nods. "I'll get you as many corndogs as you'd like."

"If you need us we'll be at the bumper cars." Jo announces, literally jumping up and down with excitement.

I eye her suspiciously as we head towards the bumper car tent. "Don't get any ideas, Jo."

"Who me? I have no idea what you're talking about." She fans her eyelashes innocently, but her smile oozes mischief.

"No forcefields."

She narrows her eyes. "Fine. You're no fun."

I turn to Lee. "Ready to get your ass kicked, baby?"

He rolls his eyes but grins. "We'll see who does the ass kicking."

I grin in return. "Challenge accepted."

-

Jo kicks our asses at the bumper cars. No surprise there. Every time Lee and I tried to go down the track, Jo would come in and knock us away, laughing manically as she did so. When she finally made it to the end of the track, with us struggling to catch up from her constant bumping, she did a little happy dance and flipped us off.

Such a sore winner.

After that we went on the spinning cups, which made Lee projectile vomit, much to Jo's amusement. Then we decided to go spend some time with Livy and Zy at the game booths. Livy and I beat everyone at the balloon dart game, probably thanks to our enhanced vision and reflexes, but Lee put us to shame at ring toss. The water gun game too. He was about as sore of a winner as Jo was.