Chapter 21

Sorry guys for late update. Actually I stuck in some urgent work and as u all know about my survical issue so that's why.😔🙇‍♂️.

So the last update ends when riya said she's Neil's fiance.

Let's start.

..............................................................

"I'm his fiance."

Ananya stopped writing and she looked up at her stunned.

"What?" She asked frowning at her.

"Yup, came to meet him for lunch. Hasn't he informed anything about it?". Riya asked.

"No.....actually he didn't cone to the office, he went directly to the meeting." Ananya said looking down.

"Oh OK, inform him when he comes back." Saying this she walked away arrogantly.

Gasps and whispers started going around in the office about Neil and Riya.

Ananya maintained her calm but these whispers and unnecessary rumors on the floor are making her head spin. She walked into the washroom and tried to compose herself.

To say she was hurt will be an understatement.

She couldn't believe that he was engaged.

But why he didn't say anything about it?

May be she was lying!

But why would a girl lie about such a huge thing?

Maybe he didn't want anyone to know.

One thing that's eating her up is why did he come so close to her and ignited some feelings for him when he was already engaged?

It's not his mistake too as he didn't say anything about it anytime. Maybe she had imagined everything and looked into too much.

Maybe there was nothing between them.

She felt hurt that atleast he should have told her as she is feeling like an idiot now for having feelings for him.

Tears fell from her eyes.

She mentally groaned as to why she had to realise her feelings for him now that too when she got to know about his engagement.

She washed her face and stayed there for sometime until she felt calm. She can handle this......she just needed to go back to herself like she used to be at first when she joined the office.

She resumed her work and suddenly whole office went silent. She looked up to see everyone looking at Neil who was coming towards his cabin with his eyes on his phone.

He stopped in his tracks and looked around to see everyone whispering around. He frowned and walked towards Ananya. She looked at him blankly and his frown deepened.

She silently walked towards his cabin with him following behind her and kept some files on his table.

"The files you asked for sir.", she said and turned to see him standing too close to her.

She immediately stepped back.

"Ananya what happened?" He asked confused.

"Nothing sir." Saying this she walked out quickly.

She sighed in relief when she sat ok her chair. She needs to stay away from him, it's not good to be close to your boss specially when he is engaged.

Neil found her behaviour weird.

She is still the same girl as he met her for the first time but nowadays he could see her eyes soften when she looks at him but today he saw those empty eyes again.