PROLOGUE- 1

His soft hands knead at her skin while his lips attach themselves to her chest. They leave light marks, a token of his appreciation for her body.

The quiet of the night does little to calm their racing hearts as he caresses her skin. Every thrust sends shockwaves of pleasure through both of them.

Quiet moans and pants, the sound of sticky skin smacking are the only sounds that can be heard as the night goes.

He groans as he brings her to her third climax of the night. The pulsed tightening of her sex brings him an unfathomable amount of satisfaction.

Hot ropes of cum paint her velvet walls as he milks himself inside of her. He kisses her neck and jawline as a way to lengthen the intimacy in his mind.

He'll have to let her go soon.

When the cool air of morning breezes into the room, the sheets flutter into the empty space that he once occupied.

"Are you...?"  Her friend asks as they sit on her couch. A girls night is what she felt that she needed after the information that she was given.

It hadn't come as too much of a shock to her. All the signs were there, the confirmation just made it all the more daunting.

"Yeah.... I am." She cries as her older friend comforts her, apologizing for having brought her to the concert in the first place.

"It's okay. You'll be okay. You've got me and you've got your parents.  Whatever you want to do, we got you."

"Come on baby. You're doing great. He's almost here." Her mother holds her hand while she pushes and cries.

"He's crowning, girl, he's crowning!" Her best friend's excite radiates through her and fills the room. The delivering doctor on call smiles at the interactions between them all.

"A couple more pushes for me, mom. Ready? 1,2...."

A newborn's cries fill the operating room. The delivering team claps in celebration. Amaria cries as they put her son on her chest. Her mother kisses her temple and her best friend pushes the stray hairs from her face.

"You did good, Mari. You did great."

Shrilly cries bring Amaria from her sleep as they rip from her son's chest. It's 2:37 in the morning. Her two month old screams and cries relentlessly.

She gets up from her bed, taking three steps over to the bassinet. Her son sees her shadowy presence and screams louder; as if to say that she isn't moving fast enough.

She scoops him into her arms and rocks him quietly. Grabbing a diaper and some wipes, she changes her son. The cold of the wipe makes him scream more and Amaria bursts into tears.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry. Mommy's trying." She throws the dirty diaper into the trash and sits on her bed with him. Freeing her left breast from her nursing bra, she feeds Kailo.

This is her second night by herself with him. She decided that she wouldn't burden her mother and Ivelisse any longer with her and Kai. She's past her six weeks and has physically healed.

The mental and emotional healing is next. She knows that she can do it.

She just needs to FOCUS.

⚠️FOCUS contains depictions of
•characters with asshole tendencies•
•sexual content•
•emotional manipulation•
•a bit of drama
•baby daddy Jimin•

Disclaimer: wanting to fight characters in my books is normal at this point. Just take it out back. The brass knuckles in the corner somewhere :)

FILTERS COMING SOON📸