.clamp.

AMARIA POV

As soon as step in the house with Kailo's car seat, he starts crying. I barely get all the way in the door before he starts wailing.

I take my coat off and warm a bottle up for him. I texted Demetrius when I was on my way home and he said that he'd meet me here.

The doorbell rings as I put his bottle in the warmer. I rock him as I walk to the door trying to calm down. I open it to see Demetrius holding bags of stuff.

He walks in and I groan. "Where am I going to put all that stuff? You know his closet and dresser is almost full."

He takes his shoes off and walks with me to the kitchen. I take Kai's bottle of out the warmer but he won't take it. He's too frustrated.

Demetria takes his coat off, washes his hands and reaches for him. "Hey, man. What you doing all that hollering for?" He rocks him and talks to him enough to calm him down before feeding him.

I watch as he walks around the living room, rocking my son. I can't help but think if this is what he would be like had Kailo been his. I don't like thinking that way but I can't help it.

Even though he's confusing as hell with his emotions towards me, he was there for me when I had Kai. He knows how hard all of this has been on me. The sleepless nights, the long days. Everything.

He knows who Kailo's father is by face. Probably because it's plastered everywhere. He only recently learned his name. He told me once that I should tell Jimin. He said that when Kai was about three months.

I told him no and he didn't mention it again after that.

"Can you watch him for me while I take a shower? I'll be quick."

"Take your time. I got him. He ain't going nowhere." He sits on the couch with him and turns the TV on. I grab all of the bags he brought in and put them in Kailo's room.

After that, I take a shower. The warmth of it is one of the few things that brings me comfort these days. It's the only time I feel like I get a break. Whether it be from work, from infant cries or life in general.

It's also the only place that I can cry about my life. The stress, the media, being a mother.

I get out 35 minutes later and dry off. I make sure that I don't look like I was crying. I get dressed in the bathroom and then walk to my bedroom. The door is open and Demetrius is sitting on my bed.

He looks at as I come in. "I put Kai to sleep. I know your mom be giving him baths before she sends him back with you."

"Thank you." I tell him as I put my clothes in the hamper. I look in the mirror to see that I didn't do a very good job of covering my crying face.

Not that Demetrius cares. He doesn't ask if I'm okay. That's not what he came here for.

And even with that knowledge in mind, I still give him what he wants. Just to feel the sense of intimacy enough.

Maybe it will extend his stay this time so that I don't feel so lonely anymore.

I wake up and Demetrius is gone from his spot. I use the bathroom, freshen up then go check on Kailo. He isn't in his crib.