Chapter 1 Gifted

In a world full of different continents, different races of each people are located in different corners of the world. This time, the story takes place in a country in Southeast Asia called Malaysia. In Malaysia, it is divided into two sections, East and West Malaysia.

In East Malaysia, there are two states respectively Sabah and Sarawak and a federal territory called Federal Territory of Labuan. At a certain spot in Sarawak, there is a girl, 17 years old, walking in the streets.

She is Nesby Audrey, a teenager who is chasing her dreams. She has a simple family, her mother is Malaysian while her father is one of the richest businessmen in the world. He is Canadian and the story of how the two of them met started when he saw Nesby's mother at the bridge.

At first, he remained a distance from her, but as they somehow had the same interest and started dating. Soon, the two of them got married and had their first child 2 years later.

End of recall, Nesby got back home and she opened the front door, only to hear nothing from the house. Nesby got used to it as her parents are still working. "Well, heading to the kitchen to get something. Man, I am starving on my way home, do need something to fulfil my stomach,"

She puts down her bag before going to the kitchen to get snacks. When she is about to open the fridge, she saw a dish cover at the table, covering something along with a note.

It turns out the note was from her mother, who prepared this before going to work. Nesby opened the cover and it was her favourite fried banana. She took one while biting the crunchy fried banana her mother made. She heard the batter crunching in her mouth with a smile on her face.

"Guess mom improved her fried bananas a lot," Nesby looked around the fried banana before she ate that one and took another one.

Later, she finished eating the fried bananas, took her bag and headed to her room. This time, she opens the door, puts down her bag and untied her hair. Her oily dark indigo hair looking messy while she took a towel before changing her clothes in the bathroom.

After a while, she came out with a towel wrapped around her hair. She took out a pair of clothes and wore them. A sweatshirt along with some purple shorts perfectly fit the cold weather in Malaysia.

She headed to her study desk, took out her reading glasses and started her revision. Nesby will usually do some revision after school while waiting for her parents to come home.

"What is the value of x to this equation? Man, I learned this in school and Ms Evans taught me this 1 on 1 just now," Nesby gasped. "Well, time to check the textbook,"

Nesby had a good time in school. Currently, she is studying 11th Grade in her high school. Not only in her family, but she also receives a lot of love from students and teachers.

Being loved by so many people, Nesby feels super grateful for the things she receives. However, it wasn't until, a big twist in her life ruined everything, affecting both her relationship between her family and her upcoming life. The twist started when she is in school. At first, when Nesby enrolled in high school, she is still a normal high school student.

However, she partakes in a lot of competitions associated with martial arts in 9th grade. This led her to receive a lot of awards from the school. Her face is very popular among students.

Her glossy olive-green eyes, her bright smile, her dark indigo ponytail is always evoked by many people. Her success helped to gain fame for Nesby and she soon got the nickname of 'indigo hair girl'.

Other than her curriculum, her academics is also outstanding. She will be ranked top 10 in her class and be top 30 with the people in the same grade with her.

Obviously, because of her popularity in school, she has a lot of friends. The whole school is friends with her. It got to a point where some juniors took autographs and photos with her.

"Hey Nesby, can I take a photo with you?" A junior came up to her.

"Oh sure, why not?"

The junior took out her phone and took a selfie with Nesby. Later, she thanked her while saying: "Wow, you are my role model ever since you first appeared on stage!" Then, she paused before she continued: "My biggest dream is to be like you. Standing in stages and winning more competitions!"

"Oh, I see! Good luck achieving it!"

"Thanks, senior!" After that, she ran out from the school gate like a happy bird. Nesby shook her head, thinking that she is too excited, but she also wished this junior can achieve her dreams as soon as possible.

Suddenly, her phone was ringing, and she took it out of her pocket. It was her alarm reminding her to get something good for herself. After that, Nesby turned off the alarm and put it back in her pocket.

"Where to go this time?" Nesby is thinking to go somewhere to buy something, rewarding herself. "Why not, a cup of coffee? It's been so long since I last drank coffee,"

After knowing what to buy she headed outside and goes to the nearest convenience store to get it.