Chapter 11 New Living

Nesby followed Kasumi all around the streets and they reached a basement that was looking a little messy.

Kasumi turned her head around, making sure Nesby is following her. "Hey, catch up with me,"

"Coming..." Nesby dragged her sentence as she doesn't believe in this girl.

Kasumi opened the door and turned on the lights. Nesby took off her shoes and entered Kasumi's basement. In the basement, there is a bed, an old makeup table, a small kitchen and a toilet that only accommodates one person at a time.

Nesby got curious and asked: "You are sleeping and staying in this place?"

"Exactly," Kasumi replied.

"Why did you treat yourself badly by staying somewhere like this?" Nesby didn't hesitate to say it out.

"Dude, if I have the audacity to buy a big house, I wouldn't have stayed here," Kasumi said.

"Well..." Nesby got herself into hot water after saying about the things she saw.

Since it is late night already, Kasumi wanted Nesby to sleep on the one and the only bed she had, but Nesby rejected the offer and wanted to sleep on the floor. This was because Nesby doesn't want to be treated like that and she felt bad, so she rejected the offer.

Suddenly, Kasumi turned around and told Nesby: "Right, you better go get some sleep now,"

"Wait, for the practice?"

"Indeed. I need you to be awake by 7 am tomorrow, your class starts there," Kasumi said. "Oh right, I haven't got your name. People will think I am bringing a stranger home,"

"Nesby, Nesby Audrey,"

"Ok, Audrey," Kasumi said. "Go get yourself a wash and prepare yourself for bed,"

"Kasumi, don't call me Audrey, just call me Nesby,"

"Okay,"

After that, Kasumi walked to the toilet and Nesby stood in place. She took out the photo of her from her pocket and she stares at it for a long time. In the photo, there is Nesby standing in front of the house door, preparing for her first day.

Not long later, Nesby kept her photo back into her jacket and headed to the toilet. She looked at the mirror to see her face oily and dirty. She can't even stand a second looking at her shiny face. The tears traces were obvious since she was still thinking about her past while sleeping.

She tried looking at the mirror for a long time since she hasn't seen her face for a while. She can't believe what she is seeing right now as Nesby gently touches her face, shocked at her big transformation.

With all of the feels floating, she wanted to cry so hard, but she doesn't want someone like Kasumi to know her problems, especially the fact that they only knew each other in one day. Since Nesby herself is a person who doesn't simply trust people, she only puts her trust after knowing them for a time period.

Once done with everything, Nesby left the toilet and turned off the lights, ready to go to bed after one day.

Later that night, Kasumi and Nesby didn't talk to each other as both of them headed to bed right after everything was settled. Kasumi slept at the only bed they have in the basement while Nesby slept on the floor. But the harsh conditions doesn't bother her that much since she has finally found a place to sleep comfortably.

The next day, while Nesby was still sleeping, Kasumi called Nesby to wake up as she rubs her eyes gently and opens her baggy eyes. That was because of the cold floor, making Nesby unable to sleep, but when Kasumi asked if she slept well, she only told her that she had a good nap when she is obviously tired due to the lack of sleep.

Since both of them just woke up, they decided to wash their faces before starting the actual class. Meanwhile, Kasumi took something out from her closet, a box with something inside.

After Nesby came out from the washroom, Kasumi gave her the box and said: "Here, take this,"
"What is it about?"

Nesby opened the box to see a pair of new nunchucks inside the box. "What, why did you give me this?"

"Yours is too old to use. And I also had one extra pair of nunchucks with me, so I gave it to you,"
Later, Kasumi took the old nunchucks and throw them into the rubbish bin. "Prepare for class, I'm going to freshen up things first,"

"Okay," Nesby replied with a blunt tone.

She looked at the new pair of dark green nunchucks, wondering if there is any traps inside, but she doesn't have much time to think about it since her old nunchucks was thrown already.