Chapter 19 Kick Off

The next day when Nesby woke up, she tried holding on to the nunchucks that she hasn't touched in a while to gain some confidence. However, she can still feel the slight nervousness inside her head as Nesby noticed her hands were slightly trembling.

"Woah. Why were your hands trembling?" Kasumi pointed it out.

"I wasn't able to explain," Nesby answered with an insecure tone. "But this usually happens when I am nervous,"

"You don't have to be nervous for today since this is just a practice. Just come up with whatever comes up in your head and I can help you to correct,"

Soon, the practice started after having a light breakfast. For today's practice, Nesby trained from morning to night and rarely took a single break. The reason she was able to do it for a long time wasn't because of Ivy but she holds the passion to continue to learn and make self-improvements.

With all of the practices, Nesby was able to feel the determination and confidence, all thanks to Kasumi's motivational advice the whole time they were practising. Whenever Nesby made a mistake, Kasumi will tell her that there's nothing to blame on and everything should be fine after a few times.

That night after practice, Nesby was able to fall asleep in a few minutes and Kasumi saw her funny sleeping posture. The posture was a star with Nesby's mouth open wide.

"She finally knows that she wasn't born to be perfect and accept the mistakes. I believe she is going to produce some excellent results for tomorrow's match,"

The following day, Nesby woke up with light dark circles on her face and still feel exhausted even though she has slept for more than 10 hours.

"How did I get these dark circles? Oh my, I guess these bad boys are going to be with me today,"

After talking to herself, she headed to wear her iconic dark purple jacket and tied her low ponytail while looking at the mirror. While looking at the low ponytail that she used to go with, Nesby made a faint smile because of the small confidence she has in defeating Ivy and her allies.

However, she still encourages herself in the hear, persuading herself that she can do it. After coming out, Kasumi looked at Nesby for 5 seconds, awkwardly before she passed something to her. Nesby was so shocked to see the blue ribbon that she used to wear in school.

"Wait a minute, why do I need this?"

Before Kasumi even replied to Nesby's question, Kasumi walked to Nesby and helped to retie her hair. Instead of going with the boring low ponytail, Kasumi tied Nesby's hair to a high ponytail, just like how Nesby tied her hair while she is in school before.

After adjusting a bit of her ponytail, she also tied the blue ribbon that she passed to Nesby just now. What a lot of curiosity inside her head, Nesby decided to ask Kasumi a question.

"How did you know all of this out of nowhere?"

Then, Kasumi took out a photo and told her: I found this photo from your jacket while you weren't wearing it,"

The photo shows Nesby's younger self wearing her school uniform. From her iconic glasses to her blue ribbon, the photo brings a lot of memories of Nesby as a small kid.

To make things sure, Nesby flipped her pocket to see that it was the photo that was missing in her pocket. Even though she doesn't know when did the photo fell, she looked at Kasumi and thanked her for bringing back her old hairstyle that she used to have which made her feel more confident.

Finally, before Nesby heads out, Kasumi reassured Nesby's ribbon which brings a lot of memories in Nesby's school days, Kasumi then said: "This ribbon was able to bring the past Nesby to witness this whole match to let her know she can finally rest after all of the chaos this whole time,"

Since Kasumi felt Nesby might have something to prepare, she decided to leave the rest to her and left the room. For her face, Nesby decided to apply some heavy and dark makeup along with a dark lipstick to present the boldness of her true personality now and also warn Ivy that she is not easy to deal with.

Once they got everything ready, Kasumi said: "Since I agreed to be your partner that night, I am just going to bring the weapons that I used that day,"

"Your blade and throwing knives?"

"It's not just any blade, it's like a superior blade because it was super sharp. That day, one of Ivy's friends do not believe in it which provoke me to make a cut on her arm,"

"That's legit,"

Once Kasumi finished hanging some of her throwing knives on her waist, she is prepared to go and fight for the battle with her left hand holding her killer blade.

"What are we waiting for, let's go,"

"Yeah," Nesby took her deadly nunchucks as she and Kasumi walked out of the basement and headed to fight with Ivy.