Chapter 12 Refinement

After a while, the duo started their first class. The class started with Kasumi telling Nesby the basic skills of using a pair of nunchucks. But first, Kasumi told Nesby to swing the nunchucks around to get used to the paste.

However, when Nesby starts swinging it around, she will either find it hard to stop spinning or lose her balance and release the nunchucks by accident.

"It's normal to have these kinds of situations happening for a rookie," Kasumi said.

"Ahem, who are you calling a rookie?"

"What other words I could replace for a rookie then?"

"Erm...a half intermediate person," Nesby answered with a ridiculed answer.

"Well, that sounds stupid for some reason. Anyway, how's the-"

Suddenly, a crash was heard and it was all because the nunchuck hit the table, causing most of the paperwork to be scattered all over the floor.

"Oh my gosh, what were you doing?" Kasumi got raged that she used her Japanese dialect.

"What were you talking about?"

"Oh, my bad. You didn't know Japanese that I said it right in front of you,"

"That's...kinda fine," Nesby answered. "Anyways, let's continue,"

Once Nesby finished her simple warm-up, Kasumi took her pair of nunchucks and showed it to Nesby. Kasumi's nunchucks is dark blue with a yellow dragon carved on them. "It has a dragon carving on the nunchuck and it was all because of my kazoku,"

"Kazoku?"

"Indeed, kazoku means family. In my family, my granddad had passed to my father, who was the 2nd generation of the dragon. Since I am an only child, he passed it to me and so, I became the 3rd generation of the dragon in my family," Kasumi took back her nunchucks and started her class.

First, Kasumi taught Nesby to control the power she is applying to the nunchucks. At first, it took Nesby to get used to it since it was her first day using it properly, but she is able to get the hang of it after a while.

After getting the paste, she started swinging the nunchucks before Kasumi taught her more tricks in using nunchucks. The lesson goes on for the next 2 hours before Kasumi ended the class by giving her a tip when it comes to using the nunchucks. One trick of using the nunchucks is to swing the nunchuck, making sure it reaches its maximum reach and impact.

"What, how is that possible though?" Nesby asked with questions in her head.

"Practice is able to help you in that case. Class is over now, you can go take a shower and rest for the day,"

After doing the final greeting, Nesby finished her first class with Kasumi as she wipes off the sweat that was all over her face. Nesby then took a cup of water, wondering if the nunchucks will help her to improve the situation she is facing right now.

Finishing her cup of water, Nesby walked to her bed to get the nunchucks. She took it up and started swinging it with all of her might. While she is swinging the nunchucks, she gradually increases her power to the nunchucks, and the swinging lasted 15 minutes before Nesby gets to take a shower after Kasumi finished hers.

By the time Nesby finished her shower, Kasumi was seen taking a grocery bag as she was about to go out. Nesby, who is drying her hair with a towel, asked where is Kasumi going.

"I'm going to buy some food back for dinner, anything you want me to get?" Kasumi said.

"Nope, I don't have anything,"

"Ok, then I am heading out now," Kasumi walked to the door and headed out.

Meanwhile, Nesby waited for the food to come by scrolling through her social media. She went to her account, only to see that people started unfollowing her after her biggest secret was all over her school.

Despite that, she still tries to be strong in front of others, so they didn't have to know the problems she is facing. Nesby continued to scroll around her phone until her vision starts to blur out as her eyes slowly close till her vision is dark.

Suddenly, Nesby smelled something nice as she woke up to see Kasumi cooking dinner at the dining table. She can't believe she fell asleep while looking through her phone. Nesby got up from the chair and slowly walked to the table, as her legs are weak.

"I tried calling you just now, but you got too immersed in your sleep that I decided to use food to wake you up," Kasumi explained.

"Ahh..." Nesby answered as if she doesn't care what Kasumi was thinking about.

"Also, the way how I see you so far, is that you never get enough sleep. Are you having insomnia?"

"Nah, it's just that I can't sleep sometimes, and I get tired lately, so it's all fine," Nesby said.

Kasumi shakes her head as she said: "You better get some rest from now and then, a warrior like you must be prepared to face battle,"

"Fine..." Nesby looks at the cup noodles Kasumi gave her soullessly as if she has forgotten how to make them. Luckily, she is able to regain a bit by opening the packaging and pouring boiling water inside the cup to cook the noodles.