Chapter 8 Broken Good Girl

Once she reached home, Nesby opened the door to see the house dark and empty. Her parents didn't move out and abandon her, they are just at work. Despite how caring her parents are, they could completely forget about Nesby sometimes, this made her feel missing, cold and lost.

Nesby headed to her room and saw the door open. What? Where is her lamp? Where is the makeup table her parents gifted her? And most importantly, why are the wallpapers torn?

At first, Nesby is emotionless as she has already predicted this coming, but she was sad her parents have already given up on her after knowing her 'ugly' appearance.

She sits down on her bed and scanned roughly in her bedroom. What is she looking for? She saw a box outside her closet and walked to it. She opened a box and saw something outstanding in the objects, a pair of double-lined necklaces with a green pendant and a big gold chain.

Soon, she has a very good idea and took them out of the box. However, she left the clothes she is wearing right now doesn't fit right with the necklace and chain. So, Nesby thought of this big transformation for herself.

She puts down the jewellery and walked to the closet. Nesby opens the closet to see there is a row of clothes waiting for her to choose. After a while, she got her eyes on the purple jacket that was barely touched once.

She took it out while saying: "I don't remember seeing this jacket before. I'm just going to see what will fit this jacket then,"

Soon, Nesby puts down the jacket along with the necklace and chain on the bed while she continued to dig through her closet. After some efforts of searching, she finally found her fit.

In the closet, she found herself a black tank top along with a pair of blue jeans. At first, she is wondering if there are any more clothes that can replace them, but the more she looks at her old room, the more hateful she is.

With no choice, she will just have to go with what she chose just now. She headed to her bathroom to change her clothes. From the head to the toe, she has completely changed herself into a different person.

But what about the chain she found? Nesby thought of the idea to tie the chain at her thighs. So, she took the chain and tied it around her left leg. Now, she needs a pair of shoes.

She carefully looked at her shoe collection and found one pair of dirty-blue sneakers. After wearing that on, Nesby is just left with a makeover.

"Where do I even start from?" Nesby looks at the mirror with a clueless expression.

It took her a while to know what to do. Of course, her hair! She untied her high ponytail and retied it with a lower ponytail. To make it softer, she purposely pulled down the hair tie a bit.

Next, she changed her ear piercings from one to two by adding a clipped earring next to her helix. She also changed out the earring at her earlobe to a darker blue earring.

Finally, she has completely changed from the good girl image and changed herself to a good girl's devil. She looked at the mirror once again, astonished by her looks.

Just when she is about to leave, she saw the blue ribbon that was on the table. Her fierce eyes locked onto the ribbon, just like how she is looking back at all of the horrible events she has gone through.

Nesby walked back to the table, picked up the ribbon and looked at it. She tried touching the silky ribbon with one hand to feel the warmth of it. However, it is not working for her.

Instead, she threw away the ribbon into the rubbish bin and left the bathroom. She mumbled: "The good girl is forever gone,"

Later, Nesby jumped out of the window, leaving no traits for her parents to find her. But does she even need to leave traits? Her parents totally don't want her anymore which made her devastated.

No one gave her care and love that leads her to totally not trust anyone. Right now, she is living in a small society where there is no one to tell her what is right and wrong.

One step outside of her house starts her adventure as a lone wolf. She doesn't like working with others since she doesn't trust them. Months later, Nesby has completely gotten used to the outside world. Basically, she just finds leftover food in the bin or worst, steals foods from a food store or restaurant.

Once, Nesby went into a burger restaurant to steal one of the popular burgers, the double patty. First, she disguised herself as a worker and pretended to work there for a day. Afterwards, she sneakily took a burger before she heads out of the restaurant.

As a person who hasn't eaten something delicious in a while, the memories are brought back with one single bite of the burger. Once she finished the burger, she threw away the wrapper and left.

In these few months, Nesby also encountered a lot of people, including her ex-best friend, Ivy Kathy. At times, she will encounter thugs, random groups of gangsters who kept telling her to fight them.

Since Nesby is hot-headed, she accepted the declaration and fought with them, but it will always end with bruises and scars on her body. Some of them can take from days to months to recover, but she doesn't care about how she looks anymore.

Right now, while she is walking around the streets, she saw someone looking familiar. It was Ivy and her friends who are walking in her direction. Nesby wanted to hide, but her legs are so lazy to walk, that they just stood in place.

Ivy raised her head to see that Nesby is standing in front of her. "Yo, if it wasn't for the one and only, Nesby? How is your life as a dirty princess right now?"

Nesby didn't answer her question, which led her to shoot more arrows at her.

"It was a pity that you became an ugly duckling after being a beautiful peacock. Are you going to blame me for abandoning you in the woods that day?"

"Actually, I am doing great as a gangster instead of a student in school," Nesby replied while trying to hold back the pain.

Suddenly, Ivy pinched her nose while saying: "Eww, what was that smell coming from? Is that you Nesby?"

"I-"

"Someone come help me, a gangster trying to beat me up," Ivy quickly fell to the floor while trying to call for help.

This led Nesby no choice but to run away on the scene to not add any more trouble to herself. Once Nesby left, Ivy stood up again with a satisfied smile on her. "That's why you will never succeed again, Nesby. You are just an underdog right now,"