20. First Crush ♡

(Hello everyone!
Final Fantasy 7 and Assassins Creed don't belong to me. The art is by Peetjuh-1000 in deviant art. Follow them for the full art.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Things in Nibelheim was a mess, in Desmond's humble opinion. They just left for a few weeks, just a few fucking weeks, only to return to it being attacked. They were not amused at all, especially when Aunt Claudia realized the acorn orchard, they had started was burned. That too by acid spitting creatures that Desmond is not even going to bother naming. It was not just Claudia who was distraught but even the baker lady, Mrs Portia Stefan who had a rise in business after selling acorn cakes.

Portia was wringing her hands, "Oh dear, oh dear! All the trees are burned, and I have all those orders to fill."

Claudia frowned displeased, "We spent a lot of time and effort on growing these trees."

Portia tried to salvage whatever saplings she could find, "I do wonder, what young Desmond is talking about there. I really hope we get compensation of some sort."

Desmond was looking at the SOLDIERs unimpressed. He has dealt with the Templars past and present and dealt with a crazy Goddess. He was not at all impressed by the so called SOLDIERs in front of him. It could also be his bias talking too however considering what he knew happened to Vincent. And what he was forced to go through to make the SOLDIER program a success.

Angeal felt like shrinking on himself for some reason, 'Why do I feel like I'm in front of my teacher?'

Angeal cleared his throat, "I would, first of all like to apologize for all the damages caused to Nibelheim."

Desmond stopped scrutinizing him and nodded, "I expect reparations from Shinra, honestly, I don't even know what they were thinking creating such uncontrollable creatures."

Zack squirmed behind Angeal, "Sorry."

Kunsel nodded, "We were taken off guard as well."

Vincent sighed, "Cloud, Tifa, Ace, how about you three take the two young men here and grab something to eat, while we adults discuss how to tackle this mess?"

Ace looked at them in contemplation before nodding, "Alright! Why not, besides we cannot think on an empty stomach anyway."

Cloud looked at Zack before agreeing, "Not sure if there will be anything with the destruction but we should find something."

Tifa, "We can always go foraging and hunting. It's deer season too."

Zack perked up, "Sounds like a plan."

Kunsel looked at them curiously, "You three go foraging and hunting in the forest?"

Ace nodded, "Come on, let's go check the town first. We can make sure everyone is okay too."

Tifa, "Hey Dad! We'll bring you all something to eat."

Brian smiled, "Thank you sweetheart. We appreciate it."

Desmond watched them go, "Now that the kids are gone. Why don't you tell us, what exactly happened here."

Brian, "Well, I suppose you should know as you two are the main protectors of this town."

Angeal, "Is that so? Well, I'll tell you as much as I can, but I can't disclose any company secrets."

Desmond, "We understand.. I am surprised there are no Turks around."

Angeal, "This was supposed to be a simple low ranking mission. Not turn into a mid ranking one."

Brian, "The SOLDIERs arrived at the scheduled time and first investigated the mansion."