31. Cloud x Zack

(Assassins Creed and Final Fantasy seven are not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the game. It's a little blurry. Sorry!
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Cloud was enjoying himself, his mom had come to Midgar to see him. Zack, Ace and Julian were safe and sound and no longer in the front lines fighting a war. Tifa was running around serving drinks and food with the other waiters and waitresses while Aerith made flower rings for the kids. Desmond and Vincent were together and looked very happy while celebrating his awakening.

Zack nudged him playfully, "That's one very bright smile there spiky."

Cloud grinned, "Everyone I love is here and happy."

Zack looked around, "Yeah!"

Cloud, "Next time, let's invite your parents. You know, they are welcome to join us too, right?"

Zack rubbed his neck, "Yeah, yeah, you are right. We can always house them. Especially, since we are getting a bigger apartment this month."

Cloud nodded enthusiastically, "Right? It even has two extra bedrooms aside from the master bedroom. They can easily stay in one of those bedroom."

Zack nodded and made a plan to invite his parent for the winter solstice party. It was high time he introduced Cloud to his parents. Zack already met Cloud's family, so he should introduce Cloud to his family. In the corner, he could see Genesis sat with Ace talking about his latest drama, Avengers, Zack thinks the name was. Genesis still adored Loveless, but he also enjoyed other works. The redhead had become very fond of the antagonist Loki and would quote his lines.

Lucretia, Sephiroth and Angeal were having a quiet moment in one of the private booths. The two First class SOLDIERs had gone on a private personal investigation while Genesis was at the front lines. When Genesis returned from the front lines, they had not left the redhead alone outside work and the three had very intimate nights together for weeks. The three of them plus Lucretia were currently talking about how to deal with Hojo and Hollander.

A few months ago, the two First Class had gotten to know Cloud and Aerith better. The two young adults had helped them figure out what was happening with their bodies. It was all an accident or sheer dumb luck,  that lead to their deterioration being detected by them. Sephiroth had been seeing positive remarks about Cloud as a sniper and wanted to fight him. Angeal was there to ensure they didn't go too far. Cloud recommended fighting outside Midgar to avoid the VR room being destroyed.

Angeal's ears had turned red at that comment and they had followed Cloud outside. They had run into Aerith who had perked up on hearing where they were heading. She had offered her healing services, if they took her along with them. Cloud agreed after talking to Tifa about it, the young Lady agreed under the condition Aerith was kept safe. The fight started and it was interesting to see an unenhanced sniper pitted against an enhanced sword user. Then something went wrong, they were attacked by some strange monsters.

Angeal then witnessed how strong and capable Aerith was with her staff and magic. They managed to deal with the monsters but not before Angeal's shoulder was nicked by one of the monsters. Sephiroth was furious and destroyed them while Aerith tried to heal his shoulder. It was refusing to heal and that made both Aerith and Cloud suspicious while Sephiroth was worried about his mate. Angeal refused to return to Shinra like that and Aerith offered her church.

Once at the church, they started to brainstorm ideas and Aerith then tried other healing techniques. Ace had apparently found a book on magical healing and given it to her as a congratulations gift after she got together with Tifa. Cloud gave an impressed whistle, that was one thick book and one little peek showed detailed diagrams of how mana flowed through the body. Angeal had made a comment of how Genesis would love to study that book and Aerith said he could as long as it was not damaged.