33. Anger and Worry

(Assassins Creed and Final Fantasy Seven are not mine.
The picture above is a screenshot. I adore Vincent Valentine.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Ace returned to Midgar as fast as he could on Solaris who was already pushing herself. He had received a message from Zack a week ago asking if he had taken Cloud along with him. He did do that before but that was only because his eagle sight was giving him trouble. But he would never take Cloud to an uncharted territory, that would be dangerous. Zack had become frantic after he was informed Cloud was not with him and he had started to return to Midgar.

Six months after Cloud disappeared:

Zack was frustrated, "There is still no news from Cloud or Lucien."

Aerith, "I'm sure, they are safe Zack. If Cloud died we would know."

Tifa, "Because Gaia would be mourning?"

Aerith, "Yes, I must say, I'm very worried though."

Reno, "There are things out there that are worse than death."

Tifa, "RENO!"

Reno, "Sorry man... Hey, don't worry though, yo. Vincent and Veld are on the case. Not to forget, I heard the three First are too."

Zack took a deep breath then released it, "Yeah, yeah, I have to believe he is okay."

Zack however was not okay, he had barely slept, especially after he realized Cloud had not returned from his mission. Both of them had received different missions, Cloud inside Midgar and Zack outside. It was not strange all things considered and neither of them suspected anything out of the ordinary that day. What was strange was Zack returning the next day and realizing Cloud had not returned home the night before. It had made him alarmed but he took a breath and had contacted Ace. Ace had told him he was leaving the continent to check on the new one. Ergo, he would not take Cloud somewhere unknown.

Zack then started to worry a little bit, though he was close to panicking. He called Cissnei who was on the same team as Cloud, she was already on another mission which was not weird, not at all, she had complained about it. She had later messaged back she had parted ways with Cloud and Lucien after the mission was successful. She mentioned, Cloud had felt like he was being watched so Lucien had offered to walk together. You never knew how crazy people could be after all. Cissnei was shocked to learn Lucien had been missing as well and offered to keep an eye out.

Rude, "Reno, mission."

Reno whined, "Oh come on! Another one? We just finished one in the afternoon."

Tifa snorted, "Here, the strongest coffee and the special Nibel lunch box."

Reno perked up, "Best bar owner ever, yo. Don't worry yo, we will keep an eye out for your man. We are Turks, we'll find him. Or rather Vincent and Veld will."

Zack nodded sullenly, "Thanks guys."

Aerith felt bad for her friend and honestly she was very worried about Cloud. He was the only other person like her, a different lineage but still. She looked at Tifa who nodded and the two agreed to meet up later on. Zack had a scowl when his PHS, rang and alerted him of another mission. It was a King level Zolom that was terrorizing people down in the lower plates. That was not suspicious at all! A Zolom in Midgar why not? Zack pocketed his PHS and left after waving farewell to the ladies.

Tifa became serious, "We should talk to Elfe. If anyone would know about hideouts, it'll be her."

Aerith, "Right, I will get in contact with them. She is very cunning like her father, if I say so myself."