23. Time Jump and a Meeting

(Hello everyone!
A second update in the same week?
Yes, yes it is!
Assassins Creed, FF7R and FF7 are not mine.
The picture above is done by Peetjuh-1000 in deviant art.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

After collecting the drops, the group of teens went on to do what they had originally planned which was hunting. They didn't manage to catch a Capra but they caught a Muntjac, that too a large one. Julian and Kunsel worked together to catch around twelve hares. Out of the twelve they let the five thinner ones go while the seven plump ones were tied up and put in cages. To say Desmond and Brian were not pleased to learn they were attacked was a big understatement. Angeal was very livid Zack and Kunsel didn't return when they realized they were in danger.

Ace, "Calm down, Lt Angeal. We couldn't have been able to leave, even if we wanted to."

Zack nodded, "Yeah! It was waiting for us in a trap. It made a trap for us, Angeal."

Desmond, "Looks like we are making a sweep of the forest either way."

Vincent nodded, "At least the areas that you kids hunt in."

Cloud, "Fine by me."

Angeal sighed, "This case became more complicated. I just know it."

Brian, "It's Shinra."

The ladies in Nibelheim were quite pleased with the hunt results and thanked them before opening a feast. It would take time before they could get back to having normal meals again with the lack of groceries. But till then community feasts and food would help in filling everyone's bellies. The three SOLDIERs were invited to the feast as well, despite Angeal's reluctance, he was feeling guilty for the trouble. Vincent set him straight though and reminded him, it was not him who place the reactor there. Kunsel took the chance to exchange contact information with Cloud, Tifa, Ace and Julian.

Zack, "Tell us when you come to Midgar. We can work out a schedule and help you get settled in."

Julian, "I appreciate it. My high school results will be out in two months. I will probably go there a week after results are out. Mom will want to celebrate."

Cloud grinned, "You'll be the first person to pass high school."

Tifa nodded, "Yeah! We are proud of you."

Julian, "We don't know if I have passed yet guys."

Ace, "We believe in you Illya. You will pass."

Julian smiled at them and the group went on to enjoy the community feast. They spent two more days together when the Turks came and cleared the reactor out. One of the Turks who went by Tseng followed Vincent and Desmond around. Cloud and Ace guessed he probably had many questions. As it turns out they were almost right in their guess. Tseng had been informed by Veld and did have questions and he was also curious about who Desmond was. Desmond didn't tell them what they talked about and Ace didn't push, he had an inkling though.

The Turks however didn't venture into the forest like they had thought. The dark suit wearing adults mostly stayed busy moving things from the reactor and although they sent curious looks towards the pair they did not bother them. According to Zack, Turks were like a big family and family always came first, even before their loyalty to Shinra. Well, that is as long as they don't cause death to other Turks which Vincent had not. Ace gave a relieved sigh at that, he didn't want to get involved in another fight for survival. They had to leave two days later once the last items was moved.

Zack, "So, I overheard from the Turks, I'll get promoted soon, thanks to my performance here."

Ace, "How does that work exactly?"