14. Returning Back

(Hello everyone...
Final Fantasy 7 and Assassins Creed are not mine. The art is from Game aesthetics page on deviant art. Check it out for more.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Cloud observed the red caped man in front of him carefully. This was one of his father's friends, best friend from what he could tell, as informed by the journal. He had so many questions for him but he did not know, where to even start asking them. Cloud, Tifa and Vincent had opted to wait outside on the foyer, while Ace and Desmond went to do one last thorough sweep of the abandoned mansion. They were waiting for the two of them, when Cloud noticed Tifa was really quiet.

Cloud nudged her shoulder, "You okay Tif?"

Tifa startled, "Huh? Oh, I'm fine, fine! I think, I'm just shocked I guess. I did not expect anything like that when I said I wanted an adventure, you know?"

Vincent hummed, "Things do not always go as planned for a lot of people. The same way not every adventure brings you happy endings or gold."

Cloud nodded, "Yeah! Who knew we would find out so many horrible secrets. We were not even looking for that, just some Gil or items like the Phoenix feather or materia."

Tifa looked down muttering, "We found those stuff plus extra. Our very own little Nibel town's dark and dirty little secret. It sucks, I probably will not be able to look at this place the same way again."

Vincent reached over Cloud and ruffled Tifa's hair earning a surprised squeak from her, "Don't be so down. It's better to be informed, than to be ignorant. No matter how horrid and dark the information is."

Tifa pouted as she fixed her hair, "You have a good point. I may not have liked what I learned today but I'm happy, I know more now."

Cloud looked at Vincent then at the mansion, "We still need to buy a camera so we can get proof of the monsters coming from the reactor to the village. No one will believe us otherwise."

Tifa nodded, "True, how much would a camera cost anyway?"

Vincent smiled at the two enthusiastic kids, "Last I remembered cameras cost around seven thousand to ten thousand Gil. It depends on the quality of the camera of course."

Cloud frowned, "I barely collected one thousand two hundred Gil last night. Not enough at all."

Tifa took out her Gil, "Only one thousand one hundred Gil here. Guess, we are going monster hunting still. I really don't want to sell the Phoenix feather as it's my first that I found."

Cloud, "I understand, I feel the same way about the dragon tooth, I found. I keep it in my room."

At that moment, Desmond and Ace exited the house and walked over to the foyer outside where the three of them were sitting comfortably. Ace had a box in his hands that looked really old but in good condition. He put the box near Vincent and Cloud noticed it had the name 'Valentine', plastered on a plaque on top.

Desmond, "I believe this belongs to you. We found it in the operation room."

Tifa blanched, "You went back there?"

Ace poked her head getting a squawk, "Better us than someone else. We found his stuff just sitting there on one of the shelves. No one bothered to throw it out or maintain it."

Vincent took the box and went through the items present. There was a strange blood red Materia, a shotgun and a sniper gun that needed serious maintenance done, a black trench knife and three bottles of Hi potion. Vincent hummed before fixing the knife and hi potion on his belt. He put the Materia away on the materia holder on his claw glove as for the guns, he decided to carry them to town to see if he could get items for it's maintenance.