The Mall

Ariana's pov

Today was the day Elijah and I turned 7. On birthdays, Ms. Greene would give us both 20$ to get us whatever we wanted. It was 10 am and we got ready for the day.

"Here's your money" Ms. Greene said walking into our room and giving us both 20$. "And Cassie will be going to the mall with you little devils" she said then left us alone.

"Come Eli, let's go" I took Eli's hand and we walked downstairs. Cassie was waiting impatiently at the door telling us to hurry up.

"What would you get?" Eli asked me as we walked to the mall. It wasn't that far. A couple blocks away maybe?

"I'm probably just going to save my money like the other years" I told him putting my money in my back pocket.

"Me too" he did the same thing.

"Hurry up dumb and dumber" Cassie said walking ahead of us inside the mall.

"She's the dumb one, she can't even spell dumb" I whispered to Eli and we both laughed.

"Okay, you guys will go and find whatever you'd like to get and I'll be with my friends" Cassie said pointing to a group of girls.

"I don't think you should be leaving us here by ourselves" Eli said but Cassie didn't care. She just left. Leaving us here by ourselves, all alone with no supervision.

"Don't worry about her, we can do this by ourselves. We came this far, why stop now?" I said as Eli took my hand and we walked to the toy store.

We looked around but couldn't find anything. It wouldn't matter anyways, we were going to keep the money so that we could save up and get ourselves a house or an apartment.

"Let's go Ari" Eli told me as we clearly got bored. "K" I responded as we walked out the store but immediately got pushed over by this dude.

"Hey! Watch where you going" I said. Maybe that wasn't a good idea. He took my by the hair and dragged me to a hallway of the mall.

"Hey don't touch her" Eli said trying to get his hands off me. It didn't work. The man pushed him to the ground. He hit his head and he was unconscious now. Great.

"Let me go!" I tried kicking but that didn't do anything.

"He quite" he said trying to shut me up. I wasn't going to that. Heck no.

"Are you deaf" another male voice came from somewhere. "Lizzie grab that kid" he said. Okay the way he said it was nice but who says that. I tried to get away from him but his grip got tighter.

"Don't touch her" the male voice said as he shoved the other guy off of me. Security came and took him away. "Are you okay" he crouched down to my level.

I didn't say anything. I knew I wasn't supposed to talk to strangers so I didn't. I then saw someone holding Eli in her arms and I ran to her.

"Eli?" I said looking at him. She woman who was holding him was crouching down so that i could see him. "Eli?" I said again shaking him a little. He didn't respond.

"He's going to be okay" the woman said. "My names Elizabeth but call me lizzie" she said and i just nodded my head. I'm not about to let a stranger know my name.

"We need to get him to a hospital" the man said behind me which made me jump. "Sorry, I'm Robbie" he said shaking my hand.

"Is be going to be okay?" I asked. They were shocked since it was the first thing I told them.

"Yes he will be. We just need to get him to the hospital for a check up" Lizzie said getting up and resting Eli's head on her shoulder.

"Where are your parents" Robbie asked.