27. (M)

Author POV

Author POV

Layla loved the atmosphere of the Japanese Fan Meeting. Everything was calm, casual; seeing and hearing the J-Army congratulate and thank BTS for everything they have done for them was enough to make even the hardest person soft. A mother and her daughter were one of the last ones to go through the line; the mother had on an Army Mom shirt and her daughter was dressed head to toe in TaTa merch. Layla smiled and giggled with how excited the little one was. Taehyung was more than thrilled. He was ecstatic. Taehyung was a natural when it came to children and watching him interact with her made Layla start thinking about the future. Would Taehyung ever get the possibility to have a child or children of his own? It broke her heart just thinking of all of the possibilities he would miss if she stayed a constant in his life. Sure, Taehyung had Jungkook, but where in the hell would she fit in with all of it?

Minji walked up to Layla and observed the doctor's expressions and body language. "You know," Minji began, "Taehyung has always wanted to be a father."

"He'd be an amazing one."

"Hmm," Minji hummed. "He will be. He's the type of person that doesn't matter if a child is biologically his or not. He has so much love inside of him that anyone would be lucky to be on the receiving end of it." Minji pulled Layla in closer, wrapping her arm around Layla's slumped shoulders. "The future is ever changing, sweetie. I know that whatever happens between all of you, will be for the better, but one thing that will break everyone's heart is if you take that chance of a future with you away from them."

Minji was right in a sense. Layla didn't have to think of this now. They still had months left before they enlisted and then they could worry about it. Now was the time to be happy; not sad. "Thank you," Layla sighed as she laid her head against Minji's. "I wish I had gotten to talk to you earlier instead of hiding behind Bang and Sejin's back."

"We've got time together," Minji laughed. "And once this is all over, you'll have to teach me English when I head to America. Paul is only able to teach me so much without me getting frustrated and cursing him out in full Busan slang." Layla and Minji both laughed, tears forming in their eyes. "I can say, 'Do you have a bathroom here' 'Hello, My name is Minji Knowles' or 'Paul! Get your ass in here'. That one, I picked up from his mother."

Layla wiped the tears from her eyes and stifled her laughter. "I'll be happy to teach you. Just let me know when."

"Good," Minji smiled. "Then maybe you can visit us when we get settled?"

"I like that, Unnie. Thank you for inviting me," Layla hugged her tight. "Now, let's go get the room ready for the boys to unwind in. The concert is eight hours away."