Sunsets & Dolphins

Next Morning

Sam POV

Setting my laptop up on the table on the balcony I switch it on and wait for it to start up, I didn't have nay plans until later tonight so I figure I would put in some time with the book I had been trying to write.

As it comes to life the skype app opens up and I thought comes to mind, plugging in my headphones I decide to video call my friend Hannah, I mean I'm not using my phone so I'm not technically breaking the deal right? As the call rings out I start to think she's not going to answer but them her face appears on the screen.

"Hey! How are you doing?" she asks sympathetically

"I'm good" I say "would you believe he called me and said he made a mistake" I laugh

"Didn't take him long to realise how dull Liv is did it" she chuckles "but don't you dare go back to him, he is not worthy of you"

"Oh I have no intentions of doing so" I say, out of the corner of my eye I see Joe walk out onto his balcony in a pair of shorts and when I look over he smiles at me and I smile back

"Who are you smiling at?" Hannah asks

"Oh um the guy in the suite next door" I say turning my gaze back to my computer screen

"Is he hot?" she asks making me laugh

"Yeah I'm not going to lie" I smirk "Yes very"

"Girl turn the camera, let me see him" she gasps excitedly and I look over at Joe, seeing that he has his back to me I turn the laptop to let her get a quick look at him and then turn it back "Oh come on I want to see his face" she pouts

"Sorry that is all you get" I smile "best I can do"

"Well so far I'd say his ass was his best feature" she giggles "and I have to say that tattoo looks kinda familiar"

"Who do you know with something like that?" I ask and she shrugs

"I don't know I'm just sure I've seen it before" she says "oh do you have any plans when you get back? Tyler wanted me to ask you something"

"no nothing" I smile "what does my godson need?" I ask fully aware that I am now under the watchful gaze of Joe

"He's been bugging me to get him tickets to wwe and he wants you to come with us" she says "I know it's not your thing but I said I would ask"

"Sure I'll be there" I say "I can never say no to Tyler"

"Great I will get them booked now" she says "I'll text you the date"

"Um I won't pick up the text until I get home" I say "Joe and I made a deal to leave our phones off until we get home"

"Joe? As in the guy next door?" she asks and I nod "Your making deals with him? Girl what aren't you telling me?"

"Nothing I swear" I laugh "I'm not interested, I'm not ready, although we did spend a lot of time talking last night"

"You might not be ready now, but you might be in a couple of days" she says "if you like him go for it, you have nothing to lose"

"I'll talk to you late Hannah" I smile before ending the call.

I open up the book I've been working on and start typing trying to ignore the fact that Joe is still looking at me, I only manage a couple of paragraphs before I decide to give up and turn the laptop off.

"I'm going to let you off this once" Joe says in a low deep voice, damn his morning voice is just as hot as he is "but no more calls, video or otherwise"

"Good morning to you too Joe" I smile "I promise no more calls"

"Good" he smiles back "Now enjoy your day and I will probably see you later" he says before going back into his room.

Later that night

I had booked myself onto a sunset cruise, one because I thought it would be fun and two because it gives me the chance to see Dolphins and they are my favourite animals. What I hadn't counted on was all the happy couples that would be on board and eating alone surrounded by them was no fun at all.

Grabbing my drink I decide to head up on deck to watch the sunset and try to spot a dolphin or two, after walking around for a while I found a spot that was deserted and quite. Walking over to the railings I rest my arms on them and look down at the water. 

As I watch a dolphin appears by the side of the ship and it happily swims along side, I hear a splash and a little further out there are two more jumping out of the water. I watch them intently entranced by their beauty and elegance and for the first time since I got here I actually feel relaxed.

"Beautiful aren't they" A voice says from behind me making me jump, when I turn I find Joe standing behind me

"Jeez you scared the hell out of me" I laugh "but yes they are beautiful, I didn't know you were on here" I say as he comes to stand beside me and I am very aware that this is the first time we have spoken without a railing between us.

"I thought it would be a nice experience" he says "better than sitting in my room anyway"

"Personally I'm here for them and the sunset" I say motioning towards the dolphins "It's the first time I've seen one in the flesh"

"Well if you like this you should definitely try swimming with them" he smiles

"You've swam with dolphins?" I ask "I would love to do that"

"I have, they are amazing creatures" he says "but I have to say watching them against the sunset may just be a little bit better"

"You know you might be right" I smile "Sunsets can be very beautiful"

"Especially when you have the right company to enjoy them with" he smiles