Chapter Twenty-Eight

I trail after Loki on his way to the auditorium, the feel of his hands still on my skin. I'm in complete bliss just looking at him, remembering his lips on mine, the taste of him, his face as we slowed down and our breaths matched, his face buried into the crook of my neck. I love him; I always have and I always will and no matter what happens between us - no matter who threatens to tear us apart - we'll always come back to one another.

As I stare at the back of his head, his raven hair dishevelled and combed through with my fingers just minutes before, I can't help but replay his words over and over in my mind.

"Did you like that? Do you feel... good?" He had asked hesitantly, propping himself up on one elbow and looking down at me, his pale cheeks flushed with a slight pink glow.

"I always feel good when I'm with you. I always feel safe and warm..." I reached up to touch his face. "That was perfect." I whispered, nibbling at his ear.

"Not once has it ever felt like that... I've come to realize that it's an entirely different kind of bliss when you're with someone you love."

"I felt the same way." I nodded, pulling him down on top of me once more, locking my lips with his until he pulled away, rushing me off to the meeting.

At first, I was caught off by the comment - of course he's had sex with Asgardian women. Most likely many Asgardian women. What if they made him feel even better than I did and he was just lying to me? What if he preferred it with magical, Norse gods as opposed to boring mortal women? My confidence had taken a plunge for a hot second until he helped me get dressed and kissed me until we were out the door and on the way to the auditorium. He puts his feelings for me in everything he does, reminding me bit by bit that even though I lost him, I never truly lost him. He was always going to be mine - no matter how many Asgardian women he had pleased over the thousands of years he's been alive. I am the only one that actually made him feel. Just knowing that alone makes me love him even more.

Stopping before a set of large, iron doors, he looks down at me, taking a deep breath. "Ready" He asks but I stop him.
"So, what's our plan?"

He blinks, slipping his hands down to lay on my hips. "I'm afraid I don't understand."

"We just made up, so are we going to make that clear or do you want to act like we still hate each other?"

"We just had sex, I could never hate you after something as intimate as that." he pauses, eyeing me. "Are you beginning to regret-?"

"No! Of course not. That was amazing and I love you - I just wasn't sure if you wanted everyone to know that we were okay again. I mean, what if they feel that I'm giving you special treatment just because I'm sleeping with you?" I bite my lip.

His features soften, skimming the pad of his thumb across my bottom lip. "What do you feel is best for the team?"

I kiss his thumb. "I don't want to hide it. I'm proud of us." My hands lock around his neck, playing with his hair again.
He smiles warmly, leaning down and kissing me, breaking away.

"Then lets show them that pride." He whispers, sending chills down my spine. He pushes the door open, leading me inside. The criminals are lined up, watching us come in, their eyes trailing our every move.

"Morning, convicts." Loki greets. "Ready for some brutality?"

"Laufeyson?" Sneers Electro. "What are you doing alive and out of your cell?"

"Yeah! We saw that boy rip you to shreds!" Yells Rhino and my stomach clenches, suddenly curious of what exactly they saw that night.

"Yes well, you can thank my title for that little trick. It was an illusion, boys - get used to those." Loki smiles falsely. "Now, each of you take a section and start your training."

They all scatter and I go toward the fight holograms but Loki steers me toward the punching bags. "Nah ah ah - you're a little rusty, love." He says, pushing me away.

So I punch the bags, kick them, beat them to a pulp, imagining that they are Hel and her scarred face. With every collision of my fist and the bag, I can feel Loki's eyes on me, suddenly concious of how I'm standing and how much power I put into the blow.

The doors at the other end of the room open and two guards herd someone in. They're herding Harry Osborn into the room. Harry - the same boy who attacked the first training session. I run over, taking his face in my hands. It's grown two times it's size, a slight green pigment in his usually pinkish skin tone. His teeth are large, greenish and dirty, his eyes a duller blue than usual and beady. I gasp, helping him out of his cuffs. He stares at me as I help him. "Addison?"

"My name is Becca." He gives me a look. I roll my eyes, sighing and resuming my work. "It's a long story..." Finally, his cuffs give way and the guards leave him to me. He falls against me and it's all I can do to stay upright. It's either he's gained one hundred pounds of muscle or just one hundred pounds in general.

"Harry, what happened to you?" I try to get him to keep his head up, unable to look at him for too long without wanting to gag. He's looks to be in awful shape.

He groans and I loosen my grip on him, propping him up against the punching bag that I'm practicing on. "Globulin Green." He whispers between grunts.

Kneeling in front of him, I wipe the tufts of brown hair from his forehead so I can see his full face. "What?"

"Globulin Green!" He lets out a hysterical giggle, his pupils contracting. He lunges for me but I catch him by the neck and slam him into the bag. He cries out, thrashing around.

"It's a simple question Harry. I just want to know what happened back there."

"Parker."

I stop, leaning back slightly. "What?"

"Parker. He broke into my house and forced my father's latest formula down my throat - Globulin Green." He says and I sigh, standing up.

"Someone get the guards. He needs to go to the infirmary..." Curt scrambles over to the door and calls them. They file in and carry Harry out, me, staring after him.

"You see?" I turn, Loki at my side. "Living proof that Hel works on the sidelines and is using the people you care about to kill you bit by bit. She's trying to torture you, Becca, starting with the Parker boy harming his own loved ones. "

I cross my arms, tearing pricking my eyes as I watch them drag Harry out. "Why are you telling me this again?"

"Because until he kills me, you must understand that I'll be fighting by your side until my very last breath."

I meet his eyes, searching them. He's being completely genuine - not an ounce of dishonesty in his stare. "Just... promise me one thing." I ask, lacing my fingers with his.

He squeezes slightly, glancing at me. "What?"

"When we catch Hel - and we will - let me be the one to decapitate her."

He smiles, draping his arm across my shoulders. "That's my girl." He pecks my head and steers me back toward the bags.

(Yay! I hope you guys liked the last chapter and like this one too! I'm having a fantastic birthday, for anyone who's wondering, and even though I have a horrible cold and I'm off from school because of it, I'm still having a great day. Anyway, enjoy the chapter and the rest of your day!
If you want to tweet me about this chapter - I promise that you will get a reply! @Saveiya is my handle and feel free to follow me for updates on future chapters and just awesome stuff about life and my vaguely aggressive tweets toward certain shit going on in my life. You can also follow me on Tumblr with the same name! Xoxo 😘)