Twenty-Five

"Whatcha got there, Cori? Huh? Whatcha got, sweet pea? You got your hippo? Is that what ya got?" Bucky encouraged from the floor where he was supervising tummy time.

Smiling to himself, Steve continued swaying to the soft music playing from the Smart Speaker. Mixing the sprinkles into the muffin batter. Gently, he bounced to keep Nevie occupied in the carrier on his chest. Trying to keep his little Geneva happy while he made her brother's birthday breakfast. Even though Bucky and Steve were both so exhausted Steve was pretty sure he could fall asleep standing, today wasn't about the triplets. Today was about Kit. And Steve would be damned if he didn't give their youngest guy the best third birthday any toddler could have.

Or at least have the best birthday breakfast that any three year old could have.

"You know," Bucky started, picking up Cori, "I think this little one likes tummy time the most."

"Maybe she'll take after her namesake and become a cheerleader," Steve teased.

"Maybe," Bucky considered as he just held the six week old for a moment. Picking up the same sway-bounce motion that Steve was doing as he kissed the top of her head and marked over her green polka-dot footie pajamas.

Placing Cori in one of the swings, Bucky put the settings to her liking and picked up her sister. Holding Bitsy close, he asked, "What d'ya think, cutie? Ya wanna try some tummy time?"

"If you wake the boys before these muffins are done, you won't need to schedule a vasectomy because I'll remove your balls myself," Steve threatened, pointing the rubber spatula at his husband.

"Kinky," Bucky joked, but placed Bitsy back in her swing. Crossing the living room for the kitchen, mocking Steve's movements as he mimicked them. Giving grabby hands towards the baby, Bucky grinned at Steve, "It's so romantic to be dancing with you, doll."

Playfully rolling his eyes, Steve paused his movements so Bucky could remove Nevie from the carrier. All the while, Steve focused on the batter. Dividing the colorful goopy mess into the different sections of the pan once Bucky was holding their baby.

"Nevie loves her tummy time, doesn't she?" Bucky spoke to the six week old, "Yes, she does. This little lady can't get enough of tummy time."

Steve good-humoredly scoffed, "Are you trying to convince her or yourself?"

"Maybe I'm trying to convince you," Bucky teased, childishly sticking his tongue out at Steve before he eased himself back down on the floor.

Hearing Bucky's grunts, Steve chuckled, "Easy there, old man. If you get stuck down there before the boys get up, you're just gonna have to stay down there."

"I'm not that old," Bucky grumbled, placing Nevie on the playmat and moving down until he was flat on his stomach.

"I don't know about that," Steve laughed, putting the muffin tray in the wall oven. Directing the Smart Speaker, "Please set a timer for fifteen minutes."

"Setting timer for fifteen minutes," the artificial intelligence's soothing male British voice confirmed.

Taking a moment to just breathe, Steve leaned against the counter. Removing the carrier from himself, he asked Bucky, "Do you think they'll want eggs?"

"Nah," Bucky decided, "But they might want some bacon."

Nodding, Steve got out the pack of turkey bacon. Putting it on the counter as he got the griddle out. Checking the clock before he got to work with cooking the faux bacon. Just going through the motions until he heard a baby's coo.