Thirty

With the Barnes family home getting more cramped and it being difficult getting the triplets around, their Sunday dinners were at Steve and Bucky's house. On one hand, Steve was glad that he didn't have to try to get around three little boys and three newborns. On the other, Steve had been kicked out of his kitchen.

"Are you sure that you don't want any help?" Steve asked Winnie as she and Becca fluidly moved about the kitchen making enough food to feed an army.

"Absolutely positive, sweetie," Winnie assured, but Steve could tell that she was more anxious than usual. Even if the citrus blocker she was wearing masked her scent.

Steve understood why. After all, Winnie was going to meet the man who was going to make her a great grandmother. It was also the reason why Bucky had cleaned even more than normal. Wanting this new omega to know that Camila came from a long line of alphas who took care of their omegas and their pups. It was something entirely hindbrain, and something that Steve tried not to upset.

Even if it left his own hindbrain with nothing but upset by not being able to soothe the alphas in his life.

So, he focused on the triplets. Being even more present than normal as he marked over them and marked over them and marked over them. Almost like a tic. To the point where they started getting fussy. Already at nine weeks they were becoming more independent. And it was a double-edged sword, if Steve was concerned.

Instead of focusing on that, Steve worked on tummy time. Just as they always did, Steve gave each of the girls their own time. Time that was completely separate than their sisters. Time that was one-on-one. Usually, it was with Bucky since he usually didn't want Steve to put pressure on his stomach. But Bucky was busy scouring their bathroom to really give it that model-home feel.

Starting with Bitsy since she liked it the least, Steve placed her tummy-down on the playmat. Lowering himself so they were face-to-face, he smiled and greeted, "Hi there, cutie."

Cooing, Bitsy returned the smile. It was gummy and perfect as she looked up at Steve with those big steel-blue eyes. The ones that she had inherited from her daddy. The ones that Steve always adored looking back at him from most of their kids.

Since she was conversing, Steve encouraged, "Yeah? Tell me about it."

Once her little coos started turning to more frustrated whimpers, Steve picked up the colorful rattle. Shaking it in hopes that it would distract her and allow her to spend a few more minutes on her front.

However, when her little legs kicked and her hands flailed, Steve knew that tummy time was over. Also knowing that this little lady was frustrated because she wanted to get a move on, well, moving. It was similar to the way that Finn had acted to tummy time. Always frustrated that their little bodies weren't able to do what they really wanted to.

Holding her close for a moment and rocking her as she soothed, Steve kissed the top of her head, "You're okay. Yeah, you're okay. You'll get there soon enough."

Too soon, Steve couldn't help but think. Especially considering how fast the years had passed by right before his very eyes.

Once Bitsy was back to her happy self – just smiling away – Steve kissed her again then placed her back in the swing. Marking over her chest, Steve smiled, "There ya go! That wasn't so bad, now was it? No, I don't think so."

After turning on the mobile for her, Steve moved over to Nevie. Greeting her with a smile too as he lifted her from her swing. In her hand, she had the purple hippo blanky and Steve asked, "Whatcha doin', sweetie pie? You got your lovey? Yeah?"