five

Ava's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and sat up yawning, god it was so early. 

I looked over at Riley and noticed that she was awake too, she was on her phone. 

She looked up at me, "Good morning weirdo." 

I yawned again, "Good morning loser."

She sat up, "Hey so I was thinking, what if tonight we went to a party?" 

"A party? Where?"

"Well it's-" Riley stopped talking and looked at me, specifically what I was wearing...

"Is that my brothers hoodie?" 

I froze, "Uh, yeah! He sent one to me when they first came out, I didn't have any other clean hoodies so I just brought this one." 

"Oh, how come you got sent one and I didn't?"

I shrugged, "I don't know, but let's talk about this party! You we're saying where it was at?" 

"Uh yeah, right. It's at my friend Sofia's house and she invited me and a plus one, so what do you say?"

"Are you sure you wanna go to a party? I mean, we both have to work tomorrow."

"Ava please. I need to get out of this house and away from my mother, and besides we don't have to work until the afternoon. Please?" 

I sighed, "I guess we can go." 

Riley jumped up in excitement and embraced me with a hug, "You're the best! Okay, come on. Let's figure out what we're gonna wear." 

_____

It was now pretty late and we we're almost done getting ready for the party.

"Okay so you're sure this top looks good on me?" Riley asked.

"Yeah red always looks nice on you, it's your color." 

"Aw thanks Ava, and you look nice too! I really love your shoes."

"These are yours."

"I know." Riley said laughing.

I laughed along and walked towards my makeup bag to find my lipstick.

"Hey have you seen my lipstick?"

"Why, are you planning on kissing tonight?" Riley said in a teasing tone. 

I turned around to face her, "No" I said dragging it out, "I just want my lips to look good, that's all."

"Oh come on Ava, when's the last time you've been with somebody?"

"Uh..."

"Exactly! I mean come on, you seriously don't like anyone?" 

I gulped, "Well, there's this one guy..."

Riley gasped, "Tell me about him! Is he cute? Is he nice to you? Does he have a brother that I could date?" 

Not a brother...

"It's complicated Riles, I don't even know if I like him like that." 

"Well why is it complicated? Come on, you can tell me..."

No I can't. 

"We don't ever talk really, and when we do it's awkward. And I understand why I just, I just wish things we're different." 

"Well why can't they?"

...

"Ava?"

"Uh you know what, we should leave soon. I think my lipsticks in the bathroom so I'll be right back." I said before walking out.